Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

So I ordered the zimmerit Tiger and the Jagdtiger 6285 from scalehobbyist. This was the first time I had ordered Dragon kits not from ebay. Neither kit had the Dragon card, kind of bummed me out, I love that thing. The King Tiger had all the parts, but apparently Dragon discontinued the metal barrel in 6285. Scalehobbyist tells me this in an email after I inquire about it. So now I'm trying to deal with Dragoncare.com.

So as the Barrel is advertised as in the kit, and it wasn't in there I would like them to send me one.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Should I expect anything? I tried to fill out their form but there's no feedback when you hit submit. According to scalehobbyist support they think Dragon will say no to sending me parts listed as included but were not.

I mean I guess I could buy an aftermarket barrel when I build that kit, but it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth regarding Dragon.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

I just dealt with dragon care and to tell you the truth not a bad experience at all. I open a ticket got all the documentation they asked for and received the missing part today. From start to finish maybe 2 week to get the part. I just stayed in contact with them, probably was A pain in the butt, but I got the part.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

Did the ticket opening website page say like "thank you for submitting" or anything? When I clicked the button nothing happened.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

You should have received and ticket number here is the message I got after the submission


Armando :
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent e-mail inquiry. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding on this important matter. We assure you that we will do our very best to address your missing parts as quickly and completely as possible. Your satisfaction is important to us!

For replacement of missing parts, please provide the following information according to the instructions listed below. The more detailed and complete information you can provide, the faster the replacement process will be.


For Missing Parts Issues:
-----------------------
1. The shop name and address (as detail as you can) where the kits were purchased.

2. A picture of the receipt or electronical receipt.

3. A picture of the physical kit for verification purposes.

We may ask you to provide a copy of the store invoice if necessary.

Thank you for your continued support of Dragon Models!

Best regards,

DragonCare

Post on Monday, April 28, 2014
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

Just tried the open ticket thing again. If I have everything filled out, the *red boxes of course and I put in the captcha, when I hit submit it just clears the captcha. I assume it was submitted, guess I'll wait a day or so. If it has been going through I sent it like 90 times out of frustration.

I'm sure that wouldn't annoy whoever has to review these things.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Neils
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Neils »

mannloon wrote:Just tried the open ticket thing again. If I have everything filled out, the *red boxes of course and I put in the captcha, when I hit submit it just clears the captcha. I assume it was submitted, guess I'll wait a day or so. If it has been going through I sent it like 90 times out of frustration.

I'm sure that wouldn't annoy whoever has to review these things.
Which browser do you use. Sometimes I need to change as the one I'm using just refuses to play ball. IE is the most common miscreant, so I've installed chrome just in case.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

that worked, thanks. Can't believe I didn't think to do that myself, trouble shooting 101.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

Dear Sir,

Thank you, we really appreciate your efforts. We can still try to help you. We've checked with the parts department and regrettably the parts in question are not available.

We will request them from the manufacturer in Hong Kong. The process will take approximately 3-6 weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for using the DragonCare system!

Best regards,

DragonCare
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Schoof »

Dragon care. .. Yeah. .... uhm. ..... How should I say this without using bad words. .......... I am waiting at the moment for 7 month to get anything that resembles a reply from them after I "opened a ticket" in wich I ask I'd it's possible to get or buy a new decal sheet for an older dragon kit . I also opened a ticket in wich I ask if it's possible to get a new instruction sheet. ...... 7 months ago. ...... Not a single reply yet. ........
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

I called and spoke to Armondo and told him "Do not blow smoke up my skirt when can expect to see the part". Bam part showed up in the mail. It is easily to ignor a help ticket but the phone not so much. Dragon is a company where the squeaky wheel get the attention. I know it should not be like that.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

Do you think I should try and call this guy? The replies have been fast enough. I am concerned because the guy from scalehobbyist told me that the barrel wasn't included in the kit anymore, but Dragon haven't altered the package or instructions. It seems like a super weasely move. Just stop putting the advertised parts in, hope no one notices....

The scalehobbyist support told me he thought Dragon would say no to sending me the barrel.

I'm in no hurry to build this kit. My stash is bloated, so I'll wait the 3-6 weeks before I bite this guys head off.

But I would love any of your opinions on what seems to be a trend of Dragon going cheap. I love their 2005-2008 era stuff. Lots of premium kits and super kits, it's just plastic crack. And I understand costs rise and things change. But this not putting stuff in that's listed trend (scalehobbyist support guy said it's been happening a lot) is disconcerting.

Also Schoof, did you try just asking around for the kit instructions or decals? might have better luck that way.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by MarkVerploeg »

This could sound silly but is this dragon or dragon USA?
Like Schoof i didn't had any luck with the asians
I didn't miss a small thing either but an entire sprue
But instead of waiting (i did for a month)for a reply i got me a after market kit to replace what was missing
But this is no way to treat your customers
I did had a second problem with a other kit but i didn't.contact them as i thought i was a waste of time but this time it where 4 small parts that i made myself and the problem was solved
But i don't get it why act like they do
There is no point , you buy a kit from them and then your not happy with it
So next time you pick a other brand
So they loose buisness one modeller at a time this way
I mean i like dragon kits and most of my stash and finished builds are dragon kits but i have more of these incidents i won't even bother buying more as a incomplete kit is useless for me
But i hope you get what you asked for from them and your build can continue
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

I'm concerned that if this sort of thing is the standard I will stop getting Dragon stuff, and I really dig dragon's product. Is there a difference between Dragon and Dragon USA? Just like a distribution thing like Nintendo of America?
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by MarkVerploeg »

I think it is.distribution thing and a shop
Atleast it was a shop under the supervision of dragon don't know if it still is
But i.saw you are from the USA so i thought you ended up with dragonUSA
But the quality of the.product is.not bad in my opinion but they have to deliver what they say is in the box
if not change the box or make the kit cheaper and put a.piece.of.paper in there that explains what is up
That is just bad over here a dragon kit retails for about €55 so i guess $70
That is a lot of money and i think you can expect a complete kit with all the things in there that they advertise it with
And a metal barrel is.not so expensive for them to make as dragon only gives a metal barrel and no muzzle brakes
And the muzzle is the more expensive part
That is why after market barrel cost so much
It takes time to make them
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

Is would give Armondo a call and just ask question about what the box said and what was in the box. He might want you to send a pic of the box where it says the kit contains a metal barrel. Armondo was very helpful and answered all me questions. I think giving them a call would not hurt. I'm and talk on the phone or face to face kind of guy. I really don't like emails.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

I actually sent him that pic with the others I sent. i think that's why I got such a quick reply about getting one from Hong Kong. i was pretty blunt in any messages. I really didn't like opening a Dragon box, one of the few I've payed full price for, and being disappointed.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by MarkVerploeg »

I hope.you get it then
In my case they didn't respond very quick for the 2 reply's i had so maybe there is hope
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

Not only did I get the part but yesterday the part sowed up again so now I have 2 of the same part. I have to give dragon customer service 2 thumbs up. Just stay on them. I would go with the bait and switch. Advertise one thing then delivery another inferior product.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

That's very cool. As long as I get it at all I'm good. But I will stay on Armando.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Kasyd
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Kasyd »

Hi everyone,, I'm also concerned about Dragons kits and their customer service at the moment. I purchased a BF 109 E-3, 1:32 (3222) and Sprue H = 2x wheel cowlings were missing so I started a ticket a month ago and yet nothing, my friend who is a pro builder had purchased the same kit from another store months earlier and when I asked him to check his kit for these parts they were missing from his kit as well.

I hope I heart back from dragon soon.. poor customer service is a deal breaker for me when looking at future kit purchases.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

Did you get the response email after starting the ticket?
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

How is the process of getting your parts going?
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

They told me 3-6 weeks to get the part from China. I haven't harassed them lately. Not sure where to find the number for Armando but I'd call him if I had it just to make sure it was really coming.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

Well here you go (626)9680322 the are out of CA I'm in nebraska and had to wait until 9 am
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of a tone did you take with him?
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

Sent you a message. Dragon usa should have a point of contact in china and should. Have a good date that the item will be in the mail then Armondo can back plan and give you a rough date you will have it. Tell him you want an email when the dragon china puts the part in the mail an email when dragon usa receives then one when dragon usa put it in th mail to you. I'm probably on their do not except call list lol. I held their feet to the fire. I guess I'm a jerk. When I spend my hard earned money I want what I paid for.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

I will be calling him in the next few days. i'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for the help Pierce.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

Got this email today. I was moving this week and hadn't had a chance to call yet.

Dear Sir,

Good news! We have just received your metal parts for your DRA-6285 kit! We will mail them out ASAP, thank you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, thank you.

Sincerely,
DragonCare
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
Pierce
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Nebraska USA
United States of America

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by Pierce »

Good to hear. I heard nothing but bad things but dragons came through
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by mannloon »

So i got the metal parts in the mail yesterday. I have to say that's pretty fast compared to what I was expecting. overall my confidence in Dragon has been some what restored. I don't care for the fact they have discontinued the "Dragon card" and stopped including metal parts in kits they used to, but at least they owned up to the fact it was labelled as included on the box.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Dragon parts "missing" Dragoncare

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Good to see it all worked out
Maybe i should give dragon care a second chance
But it doens't matter for the problems i had
They have been solved
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”