Show prices

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Rammit
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Show prices

Post by Rammit »

Hi there,

Today I visited tankfest down in Bovington Camp at the tank museum and there were several model traders there with some downright extortionate prices on some of the kits, not all, but some, for example one of the German Half-track family in 1/35th by Tamiya was asking for £115. I was wondering for future reference, is this common place for model traders at shows?

Many thanks, Rammit
On the bench:

Tamiya 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. VI 'Tiger'

Tamiya 1/35 FV4030/4 'Challenger I'

Hobby Boss 1/48 Me-262A1a 'Schwalbe'
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Show prices

Post by chief5437 »

£115?! I hope it's not common! Leg lifting bar stewards! I hope you laughed in his face.
Chief
Rammit
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: Show prices

Post by Rammit »

Some of the other guys in there did give the teller a bit of an earful :lol:
On the bench:

Tamiya 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. VI 'Tiger'

Tamiya 1/35 FV4030/4 'Challenger I'

Hobby Boss 1/48 Me-262A1a 'Schwalbe'
User avatar
Daishi12
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:25 pm
Location: Mountain Ash, South Wales
Wales

Re: Show prices

Post by Daishi12 »

The only kit that he could justify at that price is the Tamiya 1/35 Famo & SdaH116 Tank Transport # 35246 which emodels have on sale at £126 (down from £140)

Otherwise WOW
W.I.P.

Revell 1/72 P-47M
Airfix 1/72 Bristol F2B Fighter

Technical Consultation for MrsModellor :- Tamiya 1/35 S.A.S. Pink Panther
User avatar
modeller
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm
UN

Re: Show prices

Post by modeller »

£115 for 1/35.... did it have lots of resin and PE parts?

I'd have to really love the subject to pay anything near that for a kit,
John.
User avatar
SteelScooter
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:43 am
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
England

Re: Show prices

Post by SteelScooter »

As mentioned by Daishi it must have been the FAMO 35246 kit. This is a beast of a kit with nearly 800 parts and is 640cm long completed. This is reflected in the price and is worth it IMO. Nearly all of the other 1/35 Tamiya half tracks are old and basic by today's standard and are quite cheap if you hunt around or order from HK. They still build up nice though with some PE etc :thumb1:
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Scalemates: http://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate ... 08&p=stash
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Show prices

Post by chief5437 »

If it was that kit, he's still ripping you off. Without even trying to find a deal, the first result I got was £93 with free postage.
Chief
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”