Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post Reply
Johni044
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire, U.K.

Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by Johni044 »

Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling MkI (A07002)
MG-K N3709, 7 Squadron RAF, Leeming North Yorkshire, England


An Airfix classic first produced in 1966 but depite a few flash and ejector pin issues I still found it went together without much fuss and I thoroughly enjoyed making it.

Again brush painted using Humbrol enamels and varnish. Now just have to sort out where to put it.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
My Portfolio
2014: acquired 51; Built 27

On the bench, Urm a lot.....
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by Paul »

Great work John, fantastic looking Stirling :thumb2:
User avatar
BrummieModeller
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 663
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by BrummieModeller »

Great build looks great! :th: and painted the way i like it too!!! :tongue:
Dan

WIP Kits on the Bench

Revell 1/144 Airbus A320 Thomas Cook Livery
Airfix 1/72 Brewster Buffalo F2A-1
Revell 1/24 Mini Cooper Mk1
Airfix 1/76 Panther

My Facebook Page

Image
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by DC87 »

Superb build, the underbelly of this beast is ace :clap:
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by Nige201980 »

Looks really good mate
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
HobbyModeller
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by HobbyModeller »

wow great work :)
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by Lee »

Awesome looking aircraft John :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
bullgill67
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by bullgill67 »

very, very nice indeed :th:

michael
User avatar
T3hGuppy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by T3hGuppy »

Really nice work :th:
On the bench

Too much to list. !!


Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/bnealuk
User avatar
HWGuderian23
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Zweibrücken, Germany
Germany

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by HWGuderian23 »

Perfect build! You did a fantastic job on it :th:!
User avatar
muskegman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 am
Location: British Columbia , Canada
Canada

Re: Airfix 1:72 Short Stirling Mk I (A07002)

Post by muskegman »

Great job, she turned out really nice :)

Thanks for posting

Mark
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”