AK Landing gear wash

From mud covered tanks to grimy aircraft
Post Reply
SkEeZicks
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:23 am
Location: Barrie, Canada

AK Landing gear wash

Post by SkEeZicks »

Hi guys, I tried this out the other day and noticed something weird when I touched by mistake the area I had washed. I used the enamel gear wash over vallejo model air silver and after a week if I touch the area the silver comes off on my hands, like its still not dry or its being softened by the wash? Did I miss a step? was I supposed to clear it first? I am right using enamel over acrylic? Anyway any ideas/help/similar experiences? I'm in overload with all the info and maybe I just missed something.
On the bench - 1/72 Revell Dhc-6 Twin Otter
On Deck - 1/48 Eduard Bf 109E-3 Profipack
On Deck- 1/48 Eduard Mig21 MF Profipack
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: AK Landing gear wash

Post by Paul »

Yeah you need to clear coat really espcially using Vallejo model air metal colours, I couldn't get on with them myself
SkEeZicks
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:23 am
Location: Barrie, Canada

Re: AK Landing gear wash

Post by SkEeZicks »

Ah, OK. That makes a bit more sense. Just Future or any of the clears fine?
On the bench - 1/72 Revell Dhc-6 Twin Otter
On Deck - 1/48 Eduard Bf 109E-3 Profipack
On Deck- 1/48 Eduard Mig21 MF Profipack
Post Reply

Return to “Weathering”