two canopy things!

Post Reply
oldstratfordian
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 pm

two canopy things!

Post by oldstratfordian »

Hi all, first post time, I have been building the Revell 1/72 Red Arrows BAE Hawk, as suggested by the good members of this site, would have posted earlier but life got in the way!

All was going well, in my eyes anyway, and got to the cockpit canopy and disaster! idiot here used poly cement and fogged the bejesus out of the glass. I will attempt to put up some photos shortly. I had dipped the canopy in Pledge beforehand.

Question: Can I get a replacement cockpit or considering the cost of aftermarket parts would it be cheaper just to get a replacement kit?

Second thing, got given the Academy 1/48 F15e Strike Eagle Kit No 1687 from a friend but it is missing the canopy sprue, I have scoured the inter web to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get a replacement. I have tried all the usuals, Hannants, Pocketbond etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum, mods please move if needed.

Many thanks
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: two canopy things!

Post by Paul »

Just contact revell asking could you get the replacement canopy :thumb2:
oldstratfordian
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Re: two canopy things!

Post by oldstratfordian »

Thanks Paul, email sent :th:
oldstratfordian
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Re: two canopy things!

Post by oldstratfordian »

Hi, update is that as the Hawk kit is discontinued the part is no longer available and after contacting Academy they email replied with a link to Pocketbond, so no good there. would another eagle canopy work, i.e. Revell, Hasegawa etc, if so anyone with a spare? I will happily pay beforehand.

cheers
oldstratfordian
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Re: two canopy things!

Post by oldstratfordian »

Update, received automated reply from Airfix on 23rd October saying a reply would be soon?? Still cannot source a canopy for the Eagle and Academy are not responding to my emails now!

Anyone with any ideas on getting a replacement canopy?

Cheers
Post Reply

Return to “Jet Aircraft”