Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk. One shot deal!

Post Reply
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk. One shot deal!

Post by chief5437 »

The crusader is plodding along nicely, but I wanted something quick to do as well. So I picked up this little beauty!

Image

Three grey sprues, one clear, decals, and one painting option. The shop had kindly slapped a big sticker over the paint & decal guide on the back of the box, idiots!

Image

Straightforward Airfix destructions

Image

Paint/decal option. USS Intrepid, 1966.

Image

Some nice detail on such a small kit

Image
Image

I'll be building this in flight, so need the pilot. He looks quite relaxed here, I wonder how he'll feel once I've chopped his feet off?!

Image

Forgot to take a pic of the cockpit! Pretty basic, decal instrument panels and a control column. That's it. You won't see much of it with the pilot in and the canopy shut, so I just left it as is.

Over all, the fit is great, just a few spots needed attention on the smaller parts.

Image
Image

All sprayed up! White under, light grey over. With white control surfaces. Looks quite dark in this pic, I'm assuming it's down to the lighting and gloss surface?

Image

Decals on, no problems here! Not too many either, which is nice, lol!

Image

Small amount of weathering. Light grey wash on the white, dark grey wash on the grey. Added a few streaks with burnt umber oil paint.

Image

And that's her done! Great little kit, no real problems at all. Really enjoyed this build!

I'll post more pics and a little history in the reveal section. Cheers fellas :cheers2:
Chief
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk. One shot deal!

Post by rwsmith14 »

NICE !!! love the markings !!
Image
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk. One shot deal!

Post by DBMiller »

Wow! :jd: Did you build that one fast enough? And it came out great, too!
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
SyntaxModels
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:34 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk. One shot deal!

Post by SyntaxModels »

Looks great cheif!
- Leo

My Motto: "Eh, that'll do, wait a minute, this is my model I can do whatever the hell I want with it! Yes that's a good excuse!"

Visit my YouTube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKvbyv ... DwSd88cMYg
Post Reply

Return to “Builds”