Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post Reply
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post by Paul »

I bought this emodels not to long ago I think it only cost £2. Not much to the kit really and I'm going to do the same scheme as I used on my 1/32 109. Not sure how I'm going to mask that tiny canopy. It is a click together kit but I glued it with extra thin. Image Image It took my ages to build the kit about 10 minutes in total. It was a real demanding build. Image A idea of the scale of this thing. Image Primed and given a coat of xtracylix rlm 65. Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post by Paul »

A bit more progress today Got the fuselage masked up then a coat of xtracylix rlm o2 Image Image I then masked up the splinter Camo and masked up the splinter Camo using rlm 71 and also sprayed the wing tips yellow. Image Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post by Paul »

Ok today's progress. I started by masking the canopy no easy task. I did try to do it the normal way piece by piece but had no chance so I did it in strips, using jammy dog 2 mm masking tape. Image Image Image I then gave it a,prime in alclad grey primer then a coat of xtracylix rlm71. At just 10 mm in length I think I did an ok job. Image I added the canopy to the plane. Plus sprayed the prop, painted the exhausts and also added couple of wing guns made out of fuse wire and panted gunmetal. I also gave it a coat of klear ready for the decals. Image Image Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post by Paul »

It was quite a challenge camoing this up. Even more doing the canopy. I'm happy with the result for a diddy little thing. Kit; zvezda Scale : 1/144 Paints used: xtracylix, Vallejo, tamiya.Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
UKscalemodeller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post by UKscalemodeller »

Very nice work.

And aww look, Emil has had a baby.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post by Paul »

UKscalemodeller wrote:Very nice work.

And aww look, Emil has had a baby.
:lol:
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Zvezda 1/144 Messerschmitt 109

Post by Lee »

Way too small for me and my butter fingers....lol
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Post Reply

Return to “Prop Aircraft”