Modelling Anecdotes

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
NovYank
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:40 pm
Location: New York

Modelling Anecdotes

Post by NovYank »

This place is one where people can tell their experiences in the hobby of modelling. These experiences can be positive, negative, humorous, or just for the sake of telling.

Some examples of topics that you can choose from are:
-Something strange happened when building a kit
-You're never gonna guess what happen during a build
-Finally got my hands on a kit that I've wanted for a while
-Tragedy in the world of modelling

Well I guess I'll start. This story is of the misfortune of a modeler. Before I get started I have to say that I've had my eye on these kits for a while and that I'm really into conjoining different kits. Even though I was in my local hobby-shop for paints, I soon found myself in the depths of the many kits that are provided. So a kit that I've had my eye on for some time comes into view; the kit is Trumpeter's Mk.23 Cargo Truck(which on the boxart has the truck towing an M198 artillery piece). As soon as I saw it I thought to my self, "Wow what a nice kit, if only there was an the M198 so I could build them together and join the two in boxart matrimony". Not a second later I look up to see the holiness of Trumpeter's M198 kit staring me right in the face. I have to control myself from not yelling in sheer excitement from both these kits being in the same place at the same time. All my feelings are quickly dampened when I see that the Mk.23 is $80.00 :shock:. I think to myself that now this opportunity is ruined. Keeping a stiff upper lip I soldiered on and thought that my wallet can take that shock. Quickly after I look at the price for the M198... it's $45.00 :doh:. Suddenly I realized, with all my other purchases that I need I couldn't buy these two kits. I walked away with my head down. Normally I would just walk away reluctantly and just think that my stash doesn't need to get any bigger right now. But this time was different, I felt like I walked away from the best little puppy at the pound; you know the one, the one that makes eye contact with you and you feel a connection and feel like you immediately need to adopt it. Wasn't my best day :cry:.
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”