Metal Gear Solid 4: Building Drebin's Stryker & Diorama

Follow Foxx as he wanders around the world of sci-fi and military models - building, painting and weathering. Always with the weathering. Hopefully you'll pick up some tips and tricks to apply to your own builds!
Post Reply
User avatar
modelmakingguru
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:58 pm
Contact:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Building Drebin's Stryker & Diorama

Post by modelmakingguru »

Yowza!

In a series for eModels I decided to build Trumpeter's 1/35 M1131 Stryker in the style of Drebin's Stryker from Metal Gear Solid 4. It's not quite the correct version of the Stryker, but it is just for fun. Included is a diorama build.

It's an ongoing series, so I'll update with more videos as they are uploaded. Here are parts 1-7 for your enjoyment!

Here's where the model is up to at the moment:

Image
[youtube]Y1WTChT-DLk[/youtube]

[youtube]ZGHm3oc8ZwQ[/youtube]

[youtube]WF68rTHr4cs[/youtube]

[youtube]EpIwUeGXPko[/youtube]

[youtube]D7dg2jI_0fE[/youtube]

[youtube]ibm7BogwjtY[/youtube]

[youtube]7WRlmqAiVhk[/youtube]
Image
Der Fuchs ist schlau und spielt dumm, aber Foxx ist einfach dumm.
User avatar
Omi
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:12 pm
Location: newcastle uk

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Building Drebin's Stryker & Diorama

Post by Omi »

looks really good, but please tell me you didnt paint the rug? because if you did im giving up now.
martin.
User avatar
modelmakingguru
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Building Drebin's Stryker & Diorama

Post by modelmakingguru »

Omi wrote:looks really good, but please tell me you didnt paint the rug? because if you did im giving up now.
martin.
LOL no, my talent level is not Japanese! It's a tiny Persian Rug, actually woven. I thnk I got it from Add On Parts. I think :)
Image
Der Fuchs ist schlau und spielt dumm, aber Foxx ist einfach dumm.
User avatar
modelmakingguru
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Building Drebin's Stryker & Diorama

Post by modelmakingguru »

Ey up! Here's the final part of the Stryker build, in which everything goes wrong but I somehow manage to pull it off, more or less. Enjoy!
[youtube]U5G387RAhaY[/youtube]
Image
Der Fuchs ist schlau und spielt dumm, aber Foxx ist einfach dumm.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelmaking Guru”