Special Hobby 1/72 DH Vampire / J28B

Post Reply
User avatar
LudvigN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Sweden

Special Hobby 1/72 DH Vampire / J28B

Post by LudvigN »

This little kit stayed on the shelf for quite a long time. It helped me get my mojo back though. I enjoyed the build even though the finished product turned out to be anti climactic. The reason was that you need so much nose weight. I put in alot and still it sat dead on its tail. I made some surgical adjustments to try to remedy the situation, but no results. I skipped the fuel tanks cause they were a bad fit, and I didnt want to waste time trying to make them look good. Now I wish Ive put them on and filled them with weight! Cause now, im left with incorrect nose gear. Anyway, here is the conclusion along with the pictures. The mode is superglued to the base.

WIP

+ Overall good fit
+ Nice surface details
+ Good cockpit details
+ Good marking options

- Some parts had horrible fit (Booms, fuel tanks)
- Nose weight, instructions doesnt mention it, but you need alot!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Ludvig :cheers2:

On the bench:
Airfix 1/72 A-4 Skyhawk
Italeri EH-101 Merlin HAS.1 (Whirlybird SIG)

Last one finished:
Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Gallery
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: Special Hobby 1/72 DH Vampire / J28B

Post by shortCummins »

great job, fantastic cockpit detail for a 1/72
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: Special Hobby 1/72 DH Vampire / J28B

Post by Joesdad »

Another stunner, your on a roll Ludvig. Love a Vamp...
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”