Hi from sunny wales

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Locked
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

Hi there Guy's and Gals,
I've come back to the hobby after many many years out and after seeing some of the vids on youtube thought this would be the place to be to get really good advise from.
I have made a few models since getting back in to the hobby (Airfix 1/72nd spitfire mk1 and tornado adv, 1/35 sitfire mk vb and a tamya 1/35 Chally 2( my personal fave as it is my tank I served on in iraq :D) ).
I will post pics of then at some point so hi all and I look forward to joining some group builds in the future :D.
Chris
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by chief5437 »

Welcome to ISM, buddy!
Chief
User avatar
Ads24
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:27 am
Location: Warwickshire, UK

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by Ads24 »

Sunny Wales?! I was just camping with the Dyfi Valley, but had to cut my holiday short because of the FREEZING TEMPERATURES and GALE-FORCE WINDS!

Welcome to ISM, mate. Look forward to seeing your builds :)
On the bench:
Revell 1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon 'Bronze Tiger'
Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter
User avatar
dave843
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:54 pm
Location: Bath, Somerset, UK
Great Britain

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by dave843 »

Welcome to ISM Chris; :welcome: I hope that the sunny bit happens soon! I'm in Bath! :tongue:
Dave M
On The Bench: Airfix Mini Countryman WRC (1:32); Airfix Volkswagen Beetle (1:32); Airfix RAF Red Arrows Hawk (1:72).
Completed Builds: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=11582 :banana:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by Paul »

Welcome to ISM Chris :thumb2:
User avatar
Riderville
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:03 am
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by Riderville »

:welcome: to the Forum :th:
Dale

On the Bench:
Dragon 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/70(V) Kit No. 6397
Testors 1/24 Lamborghini Diablo Special
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

Thanks guy's,
I`ll try to post of pics of what I have done so far and some pics you guy's can use a reference of a chally 2 from the 2003 Iraq war. :D
User avatar
CJSomerset
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm
Location: Somerset - UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by CJSomerset »

Welcome aboard. I see you joined on April 1st, so I'm guessing the "Sunny" bit was a joke :lol: :lol:
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!
jgaudon34
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Newfoundland Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by jgaudon34 »

Ha, sunny Wales, like sunny St. John's Newfoundland. Most easterly part of North America, foggiest, rainiest, coolest (in both ways) and most historic.

I would really like to see your Challanger 2.
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

Here are the chally 2 pics as promised DR62AA was my vehicle reg and her name was BLACKBESS a really trust worthy vehicle with the best crew I ever served with :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

Oh and there's one of a younger me when I was out there lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

Here's some more and the actual tank in real life
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

The real life pics are just mixed in here :D I hope you guy's find them useful
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

Last set LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Akula1959
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:07 am
Location: Mooresville NC

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by Akula1959 »

Welcome and my gawd that's a handsome tank and model.

Now IF I can ever get the cash together, I have my idea for my first model after a hiatus. My old Cav troop ride from back in the day. I just hope I can do the smoking wreck justice. :D
I am a criminal mastermind, not a mind reader!
2RTRBadger
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by 2RTRBadger »

Thank you for the compliment, I do miss the old days on that beast would be great to see yours when you get it done :D If you need any advice feel free to drop me a line mate.
User avatar
AchtungPanzer
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Cracow PL

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by AchtungPanzer »

Welcome aboard ! :cheers2:
jgaudon34
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:31 pm
Location: Newfoundland Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by jgaudon34 »

2RTRBadger wrote:Last set LOL
Nice!!
Well done, and thank you for your service....
User avatar
Dutycard
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:58 pm
Location: Luleå, Sweden

Re: Hi from sunny wales

Post by Dutycard »

Really nice finish on the model mate. Looks the nuts!
Locked

Return to “Introductions”