Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Post by Paul »

Love the look of the box art (model) on this and wanted one from the day i saw it. Great gun with workable tracks, metal barrel etc

Image

Finished the egg plane build tonight and thought lets start this. Not much to show other than the first stages of the completed running gear with workable suspension, you can see the following steps too which should be fun.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Navcom
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: MN USA
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Post by Navcom »

That looks really cool! I've never done armor but after looking through a ton of threads, I'm really starting to think I should try one.

Looking forward to seeing this come along. I love the style of the Churchill.
Jeff
My scale model photography book...
http://www.scalephotography.com

MN Scale Modeler Virtual Museum
http://www.mnscalemodeler.net
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Post by ForbesHutton »

I picked up the same kit a couple of weeks ago and was all excited to open it. I took a look at the instructions, specifically all the repetitive work on the suspension/road wheels and went "yeah...it'll keep for a while..." I'll get to it before the "best before..." date.
Image
User avatar
Hank
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:55 pm
Location: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Re: Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Post by Hank »

I've built two of the AFV Club Churchills now and I think they're fantastic. Good luck with this build!
User avatar
Chip1942
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Wimbledon London

Re: Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Post by Chip1942 »

Hi Paul good progress so far

Rick lawler built the MK III early some years ago and looks marvellous.

http://ricklawler-propaganda.com/propag ... ii-margie/

Regards Chip
http://wwwplasticmetal.blogspot.co.uk/
In Progress:

Hobby Boss T26 1938

Tiger 1 initial production turret number '121'
User avatar
Tiger131
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 3:44 pm
Location: walsall
England

Re: Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Post by Tiger131 »

Love the look of these beasts look forward to seeing u work your magic
Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Paul's AFV Club 1/35 MkIII Churchill with 75mm MkV Gun

Post by Paul »

Cheers fellas

On with he rest of the running gear and getting the lower hull together
Image
Image

Image
Image

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”