o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Locked
User avatar
Skullfish
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:49 pm
Location: Clydebank, Scotland.
Contact:
Scotland

o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by Skullfish »

Just a hello to all here and thanks for a place to come and hang.

To All intents and purposes I am a complete novice. Not attempted to build anything in 20 odd years but what the hell.
A week ago I found myself walking out of my nearest model shop, Jamiesons models in Glasgow, the proud owner of an Italeria 1:24 Willy's jeep, various paints and a brand new craft knife. It seemed like a good idea at the time, I only fleetingly considered my mental well being. Half way home I suddenly acquired the Airfix 1:72 D-Day Air Assault, the one with the Hawker Typhoon. Yet again my sanity was wondered at. Fast forward to today and there are 5 kits on the shelf awaiting my tender ministrations with only part of the phoon built so far.
Is this how it started for all of you?
On the bench.
stuff i forget to update here.
User avatar
eightfooticeman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 581
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:39 am
Location: Woodbridge Virginia, USA
United States of America

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by eightfooticeman »

:welcome: to ISM buddy, glad to have you aboard.

:cheers2:
Jermaine
On The Bench:1/12 Tamiya Honda NSR 500 Kit 14099
Ideas: ?
On Hold:1/48 Revell F-15E
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by ForbesHutton »

Common story around here. I was on a 25 year long break and decided I wanted to build a favorite from World of Tanks. I ordered it and while I waited for it to be delivered I went to a hobby store to get glue and paint. I walked out with glue, paint and 2 more models. Realized I needed sprue cutters and went back, leaving with the cutters and 2 more kits. About then I realized using spray-cans for the base coat was going to get expensive and an airbrush made sense...
Image
User avatar
Spook
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:32 pm
Location: Lancaster uk
England

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by Spook »

:th: Welcome to ism fella :th:
simon

On the bench

In the stash
Lots and lots of phantoms
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
LudvigN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by LudvigN »

Welcome to ISM! Ive heard that the hobby shop you mentioned is closing for good, so stack upp your stock while you can! :D
Ludvig :cheers2:

On the bench:
Airfix 1/72 A-4 Skyhawk
Italeri EH-101 Merlin HAS.1 (Whirlybird SIG)

Last one finished:
Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Gallery
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by burnie43 »

Howdy??
Not the typical Scottish welcome ( well not in Inverness anyway) ...Jamiesons is my dream shop...Iain and the staff are top dags!!!
Look forward to seeing your chat
are you going to the Perth Model Show next weekend by any chance? It's a good day out
cheers
Mark
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
dave843
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:54 pm
Location: Bath, Somerset, UK
Great Britain

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by dave843 »

First of all; a big welcome to ISM. :welcome:
Skullfish wrote:Just a hello to all here and thanks for a place to come and hang.

To All intents and purposes I am a complete novice. Not attempted to build anything in 20 odd years but what the hell.
A week ago I found myself walking out of my nearest model shop, Jamiesons models in Glasgow, the proud owner of an Italeria 1:24 Willy's jeep, various paints and a brand new craft knife. It seemed like a good idea at the time, I only fleetingly considered my mental well being. Half way home I suddenly acquired the Airfix 1:72 D-Day Air Assault, the one with the Hawker Typhoon. Yet again my sanity was wondered at. Fast forward to today and there are 5 kits on the shelf awaiting my tender ministrations with only part of the phoon built so far.
Is this how it started for all of you?
Yes! This is how it starts, and there is no cure known to man!! :eeek: :crazy:
Dave M
On The Bench: Airfix Mini Countryman WRC (1:32); Airfix Volkswagen Beetle (1:32); Airfix RAF Red Arrows Hawk (1:72).
Completed Builds: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=11582 :banana:
User avatar
Riderville
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:03 am
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada

Re: o7 howdy all from Glasgow Scotland.

Post by Riderville »

:welcome: to the Forum :th:
Dale

On the Bench:
Dragon 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/70(V) Kit No. 6397
Testors 1/24 Lamborghini Diablo Special
Locked

Return to “Introductions”