Hello from Maine!

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
SKANKSTA
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:01 pm
United States of America

Hello from Maine!

Post by SKANKSTA »

Hi all,

I'm happy to be posting for the first time, I've been sort of lurking for a while, reading but not posting. All I can say is, "wow!" This forum is rife with talent and creativity and I'm glad to become part of it.

A little about myself:

My name is Andrew Schanck (pronounced "Skank"... feel free to refer to me as "Schanck" as it's a built-in nick-name :thumb1: ). I'm from Maine in the US and am currently working on my undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Maine. I have a wonderful wife, an OK job, and all-in-all I can't complain about life (although I do frequently, comes with being human I suppose).

As for my modeling, I'm trains and armor (although I may dabble into other subjects now and again). I started model railroading when I was about 11 and absolutely love it (I'm a total train nerd). That was all I needed until this past year when my wife and I moved into out first apartment. There is pretty much no room for a railroad layout (think of it as a very large diorama for trains where they can be run with varying levels of prototypical operation schemes) :wall: , so I wanted something to fill the modeling void. I forget how, but armor slipped in and that did it for me. I plan to get back to full time railroads when I have the space, but for now I'm ok with the split allegiances :mrgreen: . I hope to start doing full build updates, as well as to perhaps take part in a GB every once and a while. If I get really ambitious I may make some youtube videos, but that is unlikely as time is a precious commodity for me... and I don't have a video camera, lol.

Enough blathering. It is great introducing myself, I hope to talk to you all soon!
-Andrew Schanck

On the Bench:
1/35 Academy Early Production Tiger I [FULL SUPERDETAIL]
1/35 Cyber-Hobby "Black Knight" Hetzer - Heil the Hunters GB
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by Paul »

Welcome to Ism :thumb2:
User avatar
Riderville
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:03 am
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by Riderville »

:welcome: to the Forum
Dale

On the Bench:
Dragon 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/70(V) Kit No. 6397
Testors 1/24 Lamborghini Diablo Special
User avatar
JediBoer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Detroit, MI
United States of America

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by JediBoer »

:welcome: to ISM! :th:
JediBoer

On the bench righ now: Hmm... Lots of unfinished business!
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome along to ISM mate, enjoy yourself.
User avatar
SKANKSTA
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:01 pm
United States of America

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by SKANKSTA »

Thanks guys =)
-Andrew Schanck

On the Bench:
1/35 Academy Early Production Tiger I [FULL SUPERDETAIL]
1/35 Cyber-Hobby "Black Knight" Hetzer - Heil the Hunters GB
User avatar
Danta2er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by Danta2er »

:welcome:
Awaiting tools of the trade 1:32 Trumpeter Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 In the closet waiting 1:96 Revell USS Constitution 1:96 Revell 1964 Cutty Sark, H-395

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." ~ Lao Tzu
Corkmyster9436
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am
Location: Evansville IN, USA
Contact:

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by Corkmyster9436 »

:welcome: to ISM from Evansville IN :hi:
Corky

Hanger Queen
Monogram 1/48th scale "Visible" B-17G



The stash has out grown the storage space..... :doh:
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello from Maine!

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Andrew :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”