New member reporting for duty

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

New member reporting for duty

Post by Stokesy44 »

Hi All,

Despite being the wrong side of 40, this is the first time I have joined a model forum. Have to say I am very excited and looking forward to making up for lost time. Having been an avid kit maker in my earlier years, I picked up the hobby again recently when Tamiya released their 1/32 Spitfire - I couldn't resist.

A more recent break was ended with the release of the 1/24 Typhoon from Airfix. Since then I have been steadily working away on WW2 aircraft and am currently finishing off the Airfix Mk17 Seafire. AND, I now have an airbrush - and how much do I wish I'd had one years ago!!!!

I have another 1/32 Tamiya Spit waiting for me with some aftermarket (picked up the kit for £75, hence the free wedge for the detail sets) and am hoping to post that as my first WIP. Its all very exciting and I can't wait to get started. I may post my finished Seafire in the next few days just to get the ball rolling and get the hang of things.

All the best to all you modellers out there.

David
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
RobBye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:19 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Contact:

Re: New member reporting for duty

Post by RobBye »

Hey David, welcome to the forum. :)
Image
My Scale Modelling Blog: https://armourinscale.wordpress.com
User avatar
Danta2er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: New member reporting for duty

Post by Danta2er »

:welcome: David!
Awaiting tools of the trade 1:32 Trumpeter Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 In the closet waiting 1:96 Revell USS Constitution 1:96 Revell 1964 Cutty Sark, H-395

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." ~ Lao Tzu
trekfanj
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
United States of America

Re: New member reporting for duty

Post by trekfanj »

:welcome: to ISM, David :th:
Jarod

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson



On the bench
Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando Calrissian version
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: New member reporting for duty

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: New member reporting for duty

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”