Hi From NE Scotland

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
Les0012
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 pm
Location: Keith NE Scotland
Scotland

Hi From NE Scotland

Post by Les0012 »

Hello everyone, My name is Les and have recently found myself in a bit of medical bother at work and have been signed off now for two months and may find that I will be unfit to drive trains again, so have had to find something to occupy my time at home. I bought the airfix 1:350 HMS Illustrious which has got my interest going again after years away. Its such a big model that I have made a total mess of it with hand painting and spilling plastic weldall over it.
I have also watched Paul's videos on painting the BF 109 so will try that when I manage to buy a half decent airbrush.

Look forward to learning more about the hobby from all the experts on here ( I have lurked a couple of times) and looking at the superb builds.

Thanks Les
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hi From NE Scotland

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome along mate. Sorry to hear about your medical issues, but on the bright side, you now have time to become a model hermit!
User avatar
DoubleDigit12
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scotland

Re: Hi From NE Scotland

Post by DoubleDigit12 »

Hey Les,
Fellow Scotsman here and wishing you a full recovery.
James.
James
niro750
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:30 pm
Scotland

Re: Hi From NE Scotland

Post by niro750 »

Aye, all the best. I'm sure your skills will improve as well with practice
gerry7944
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 am
Location: Aberdeen Scotland
Scotland

Re: Hi From NE Scotland

Post by gerry7944 »

Les0012 wrote:Hello everyone, My name is Les and have recently found myself in a bit of medical bother at work and have been signed off now for two months and may find that I will be unfit to drive trains again, so have had to find something to occupy my time at home. I bought the airfix 1:350 HMS Illustrious which has got my interest going again after years away. Its such a big model that I have made a total mess of it with hand painting and spilling plastic weldall over it.
I have also watched Paul's videos on painting the BF 109 so will try that when I manage to buy a half decent airbrush.

Look forward to learning more about the hobby from all the experts on here ( I have lurked a couple of times) and looking at the superb builds.

Thanks Les
Les

Fit Like.

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy.

Cheers

Gerry
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hi From NE Scotland

Post by Avgas »

:welcome: Hi Les! Hope you are fit and well soon. I'm back to modelling after decades as well. Very friendly forum this, doesn't matter how good or not good you are.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Les0012
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 pm
Location: Keith NE Scotland
Scotland

Re: Hi From NE Scotland

Post by Les0012 »

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Les
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hi From NE Scotland

Post by Gav0909 »

gerry7944 wrote:
Les

Fit Like.

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy.

Cheers

Gerry

Haha you can so tell your from the North East. Mate of mine is from Brora and he says "fit like" all the time haha.
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”