ISM News Show July 2015

An area for our monthly news show plus any discussion you may have about the news shows in general...
Post Reply
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

ISM News Show July 2015

Post by Lee »

[youtube]fi2NMzYUtWY[/youtube]

:D
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Les0012
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 pm
Location: Keith NE Scotland
Scotland

Re: ISM News Show July 2015

Post by Les0012 »

Great show guys, Paul, a very busy month there and that winter wash looks great.

Les
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: ISM News Show July 2015

Post by chief5437 »

Great show guys! :th: winter wash looks very good. Lee, can I ask where you got the bench saw from? :cheers2:
Chief
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: ISM News Show July 2015

Post by Lee »

chief5437 wrote:Great show guys! :th: winter wash looks very good. Lee, can I ask where you got the bench saw from? :cheers2:
I got it from banggood mate. $60 iirc :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: ISM News Show July 2015

Post by chief5437 »

Lee wrote:
chief5437 wrote:Great show guys! :th: winter wash looks very good. Lee, can I ask where you got the bench saw from? :cheers2:
I got it from banggood mate. $60 iirc :th:

Cheers Lee :cheers2:
Chief
heel
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: ISM News Show July 2015

Post by heel »

Going to try the winter wash on my sturmovik on Skis I am building this winter.
User avatar
gaz45
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Location: Nottingham uk
Great Britain

Re: ISM News Show July 2015

Post by gaz45 »

great show guys as always. love the look of the new winter wash :th:
cybershed
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:48 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: ISM News Show July 2015

Post by cybershed »

FAO Lee.

I note that you said you were looking forward to trying out Walthers Solvaset for decals instead of Microset/sol.

Look forward to saving lots of time and applications compared with the microset/microsol process.

I was having a problem getting my Tamiya decals to settle on my Zero. 10 coats of microsol before I got close to being acceptable. That's a lot of time & effort! Cue Solvaset and I got there in one to two applications!

I think it's pretty potent stuff, so err on the side of caution if you are using quality decals. Apparently, it can be thinned with water for more delicate decals. But for the Tamiya decals - that are made of sheet metal and about an inch thick (ok, I exaggerate) - I applied it neat and it worked a treat.

I even revisited some of the decals I had applied using the microset/sol process. It was a bit of a risk (I aint no chemist) but I am happy to report that there was no adverse chemical reaction.

FAO Paul - some great models in this show. Particularly liked the Firefly. Keep up the good work - inspiring stuff.
Also, look forward to seeing the new magazine.
On the bench: Airfix MkI Hawker Hurricane
Post Reply

Return to “ISM News Shows”