Melbourne (Australia) Checking In

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
kram0aus0
New Recruit
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:51 am

Melbourne (Australia) Checking In

Post by kram0aus0 »

Hello all,

I'm from the western suburbs of Melbourne. I am truly a total noob having never modelled before.

Attended the Melbourne Model Expo in June 2015 and was amazed at the quality of exhibits on display. It was here I decided I wanted to take this up as a hobby.

Returned home and with my new best friend Mr Google and I started the search. Found the ISM page and sat through Paul's video tutorials and was gob smacked to say the least.

Having spent the last 2 months watching endless hours of YouTube videos and reading many scale model magazines I am cashed up and ready to get stuck in.

Having said that, I have had difficulty finding a modelling club in the western suburbs and a well stocked hobby shop to get thing going. Im hesitant to order everything online first up, because to be honest I need some guidance.

If anyone in Melbourne can recommend clubs or shops, please inbox me. (thanks in advance) I don't mind travelling to the other side of the city if need be. Need the whole kit to setup.

Excited to be here, hopefully I will get to post my first project soon.

Mark
Les09
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 pm
Location: South West England. UK

Re: Melbourne (Australia) Checking In

Post by Les09 »

Welcome to ISM Mark
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Melbourne (Australia) Checking In

Post by Paul »

Hey mark welcome to ISM :thumb2:
User avatar
JediBoer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Detroit, MI
United States of America

Re: Melbourne (Australia) Checking In

Post by JediBoer »

:welcome: to ISM! :th:
JediBoer

On the bench righ now: Hmm... Lots of unfinished business!
User avatar
timtamtung
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Melbourne (Australia) Checking In

Post by timtamtung »

Hey there Mark, Im also in melbourne (mulgrave so south east). Im not a member of any club but I know IPMS is probably the biggest one here.
They meet once a month in Ashburton.
http://ipmsaustralia.blogspot.com.au/

Also you will see that on August 16th, there will be a massive , massive "garage sale" for kits. These are private owners so they will sell stuff (even rare items) at a heavily discounted price. eg. dragon kits for $20-$30, tamiya for $20-30. Bring cash and a shopping trolley!

there are some excellent online stores which do next day delivery ( or 2nd day):

Always had pleasure with these guys.

BNA: http://www.bnamodelworld.com/

Hobby HQ: http://www.hobbyhq.com.au/ & http://www.modelkits123.com.au/
-tungy
Image
To do list:

1:35 Tasca Fury+Bravo6 crew | 1:48 Danger Zone F-14 |
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Melbourne (Australia) Checking In

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Mark :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”