Hello from The Netherlands

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Pumba298
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 am

Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Pumba298 »

Hey all,

I just thought I'd introduce myself on the forums after watching and learning for a few months now.
I'm Jan, 32 years old, married, 2 kids, the whole thing.
I got back into modelling a few months back. Years ago I did some F1 modelling but that took a back seat with kids arriving.
Back than I was also in active duty flying Chinooks in the Royal Netherlands Airforce so spare time wasn't at a premium.
For about 3 years now I'm retired from the Airforce and I'm a train driver in The Netherlands now with the kids getting a bit less dependand, time is freeing up.

By chance I came upon a 1/48 Harrier kit at a flea market and decided to fork out the whole € 0,50 and buy it :)
I'm having a blast, I really get relaxed modelling, and building military aircraft gives me a lot of good memories from my Airforce time.
Right now I'm planning to build a few vietnam themed jets and choppers and read a bunch of books on the subject.

I'm building the Hobbyboss F-105D with a resin pilot now and I'm having a blast, reading Thud Ridge and 2 other books by F-105 pilots alongside.

Best regards,

Jan
Last edited by Pumba298 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Welcome back to the hobby and to ISM
Good to see we are getting more Dutch guys around here
If you are intrested there is a modelling show coming up in a few weeks where a bunch of members go to
You can see everything this hobby has to offer over theee and it is a great show to attend
Anyway have fun with building
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Razorben
Private
Private
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Huissen, Gelderland, The Netherlands

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Razorben »

Wow! 50 cents... I hope you didn't had bread and water for the rest of the month :nena:

All joking aside.. It's indeed, like Mark said, good to see dutch guys over here! So welcome! :welcome:

And to Mark: Are you talking about the SMC or the ESM? I'm also thinking about going to both of them but first see if my health lets me :cry:
- Ben
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Jan :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Razorben wrote:Wow! 50 cents... I hope you didn't had bread and water for the rest of the month :nena:

All joking aside.. It's indeed, like Mark said, good to see dutch guys over here! So welcome! :welcome:

And to Mark: Are you talking about the SMC or the ESM? I'm also thinking about going to both of them but first see if my health lets me :cry:
I was talking about the SMC Ben
A few guya fron the forum are going and as far as i know Sebastian and me will be entering in the competion
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Pumba298
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 am

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Pumba298 »

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to go to a show sometime but I haven t got a clue what or where smc and emc are.
There's a show in oktober in the Airforce museum. Is that one of 'm?

Jan
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by MarkVerploeg »

Pumba298 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I'd like to go to a show sometime but I haven t got a clue what or where smc and emc are.
There's a show in oktober in the Airforce museum. Is that one of 'm?

Jan
The SMC or Scale Model Challenge is being held in Veldhoven (near Eindhoven) on the Sunday the 11th of October
The EMC is in Nieuwegein but as that is on a Suturday so i am unable to go as i work on that day so i don't even know when that is bur you can check the IPMS.NL website they should have a link as they run the event
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by Schoof »

:welcome: from another part of Holland
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”