Hello from sunny Donny

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Ibbo09
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello from sunny Donny

Post by Ibbo09 »

Hi I'm Alex from Doncaster, I've never built a model in my life but it's always interested me and I've always fancied trying it. Due to a spinal injury I've got bags of spare time and thought it's about time to jump into modelling.
Over the last month or so I've been building a nice little starter kit and been glued to YouTube watching as many videos as I can. I've found Paul's films have been a massive help with great tips and ideas for me.
I like the idea of building trucks, I've just received an Iveco Stralis Hi-Way and can't wait to get stuck in. Think I'll carry on doing European trucks and then onto American trucks. Which ever way it goes it's going to be fun, I hope.
That's it from me for now and I'll post the progress of the Iveco truck even if it's a disaster with it been my first try.
See you later boys n girls.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Hello from sunny Donny

Post by Paul »

HI alex, welcome to ISM, glad you enjoy the video and look forward to seeing those trucks, something I've fancied building for some time now
User avatar
Nach70
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 pm
Location: Asturias,Spain

Re: Hello from sunny Donny

Post by Nach70 »

:welcome:
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello from sunny Donny

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Alex :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Hello from sunny Donny

Post by Stokesy44 »

Hey Alex

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world that is scale modelling! :welcome:

:cheers2:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hello from sunny Donny

Post by Avgas »

Hi Alex :welcome:
Regards, Dave.
holly
Private
Private
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:51 pm
Location: germany

Re: Hello from sunny Donny

Post by holly »

:welcome: :bow:: :welcome: :bow::
User avatar
Stefanovici
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm
Location: Romania, Iasi
Contact:
Romania

Re: Hello from sunny Donny

Post by Stefanovici »

Welcome to ISM, Alex! Hope you'll find any info you need here. Also I'm looking forward to seeing those trucks!
On the bench:
1/72 Airfix North American Harvard
1/72 Roden Sd.Kfz.234/3
My Portofolio: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 28#p188128
Regards, Ștefanovici
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”