Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post Reply
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by chief5437 »

Hi fellas :th:

My final entry, all done. I used am decals and also a resin radome and brass pitot. Nicely detailed kit for its size. No major problems, but some filler required.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for looking in guys :cheers2: :thumb2:
Chief
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by Avgas »

Top job chief, like the reverse thrust weathering. Two questions, how did you get the desert pink colour and what are you using as a stand?
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by chief5437 »

Avgas wrote:Top job chief, like the reverse thrust weathering. Two questions, how did you get the desert pink colour and what are you using as a stand?

Cheers buddy :th: the stand is just a thin brass tube. It's not really permanent, you may have seen the sandy base been used in a number of my other builds. It's just handy for pics before I put the model on the shelf.

If I recall the pink was a mix of a desert yellow and red. I had to play around quite a bit to get something I was happy with, but that doesn't mean it's correct! Lol! I'm pretty sure it was revells Aqua colour I used. HTH :th:
Chief
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by TommyKillander »

Great job, Chief! :thumb2:

The desert cammo looks really cool - love the color 8-)

:cheers2:
Tommy
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Great model, great paint, love the little dio
It looks like it is ripping along just above the sand...awesome profile/stance to the jet :th:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by Coen »

Ah dude! That's freaking awesome!! I love that colour!
Wow!
Nicely done! :thumb1: :thumb1: :thumb1:
User avatar
TheTroyster
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by TheTroyster »

Man I am having a hard time keeping up with all these builds of yours. I love the color on this gem.
Troy :violin:
User avatar
ManCupboardModels
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:37 pm
Location: Grimsby, NE Lincs, UK
Contact:

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by ManCupboardModels »

Niiiiiiiice! Top job! :th:
All the best, Karl

Currently bodging together: This, That and Tuther!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DaddyCool273 (ManCupboardModels) :pop:
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by Gav0909 »

Looks awesome Chief. I love the Gulf Tonka's, the shark mouths and generally filthy state of the aircraft is a modellers dream.
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: Chiefs Revell 1/72 Tornado Op Granby

Post by rwsmith14 »

Avgas wrote:Top job chief, like the reverse thrust weathering. Two questions, how did you get the desert pink colour and what are you using as a stand?

Avgas,, Lifecolor makes a desert pink color

Looks great Chief !!!!!!! :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Reveals”