Hello all.

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Clifftop
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:11 am

Hello all.

Post by Clifftop »

Hi.

My name is Cliff, from Liverpool UK. I've just started building models once again, not very experienced or particularly good but I find it relaxing and keeps me occupied, also helps me to de-stress from a bad day in work.

I've built mostly Airfix and Revell military aircraft in the past but recently built a 1975 Tamiya US halftrack mortar carrier, the first vehicle I have ever attempted and it's not too bad, I'll try to post pictures later.

I plan to buy an airbrush as soon as finances allow and I'll be looking for advice on best type from you folks, so any suggestions or links would be welcome.

I was advised to join this site by a good friend and keen modeller, Nige Williams. I'm glad I took his advice, it looks great.

Cheers folks.

Cliff.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Hello all.

Post by Paul »

Welcome to Ism Cliff, long time no speak :)
User avatar
Sturm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 am
Location: California,USA
United States of America

Re: Hello all.

Post by Sturm »

:welcome: Enjoy your hobby!
"Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything."
User avatar
Svenne009
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: Eeklo - Belgium

Re: Hello all.

Post by Svenne009 »

Hello & welcome!
Sven.

In the pipeline:
Tamiya 1/35 Kubelwagen type 82 DAK
Hobby Boss 1/35 German Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.F
Tamiya 1/35 JSU-152 007 GB
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello all.

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Cliff :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Clifftop
Private
Private
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:11 am

Re: Hello all.

Post by Clifftop »

Paul wrote:Welcome to Ism Cliff, long time no speak :)
Hi Paul!

Nige told me about this website of yours, I didn't even know it existed. It looks very good, well established with plenty of input.

How are you doing after that bad smash? I think that was the last time I saw you...

Hope you're doing well.

Cliff
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Hello all.

Post by Paul »

Clifftop wrote:
Paul wrote:Welcome to Ism Cliff, long time no speak :)
Hi Paul!

Nige told me about this website of yours, I didn't even know it existed. It looks very good, well established with plenty of input.

How are you doing after that bad smash? I think that was the last time I saw you...

Hope you're doing well.

Cliff
Im ok, it screwed my back up big time so i suffer badly from that still and my shoulder has never been right since but other than that i cant complain lol.

Sadly cant shoot anymore (well not comfortably) so this is what i spend my time doing now. Its a great hobby especially for relaxation and I've met some great friends from all over the world.

Don't forget to check out our Youtube channel too loads of reviews, builds and our monthly news show too from myself and Lee https://www.youtube.com/user/ScaleModelReview/videos

And of course don't forget to check out www.umpretail.com :thumb2:
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”