Greetings From Somerset.

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Cole4ord
Private
Private
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:05 pm
Location: Somerset

Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Cole4ord »

Hi all.

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm new to the forum (although I did read through it before I joined).

I have recently got back into model making for the first time since I was a child. It is something I had always had an interest in and have always been fascinated by looking at scale models so have wanted to take up the hobby again.

My main interest is probably Aircraft but I'm also looking forward to trying my hand at some tanks and dioramas.

I have always had an interest in military hardware and currently serve as an Air Engineer for the Commando Helicopter Force in the Fleet Air Arm (Royal Navy). I started on Sea King MK 4 and recently converted to Merlin MK 3.

I have just purchased my first airbrush so hope to improve enough in the near future to be able to display my models on the forum.

I look forward to getting more acquainted with the forum and continuing to enjoy your models.

Cole4ord
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Smiffy »

:welcome: to ISM
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Gav0909 »

Welcome to ISM mate.
User avatar
CJSomerset
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm
Location: Somerset - UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by CJSomerset »

I currently serve as an Air Engineer for the Commando Helicopter Force in the Fleet Air Arm (Royal Navy).

Is it you that circles my house most nights? :lol: :lol: :lol:


:welcome:
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Is it you that circles my house most nights? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, that'll be the Navy, going round in circles... :cheers2:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Novorus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Great Britain

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Novorus »

:welcome:
you've joined a great group of guys
James
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnEdt ... s3LTfQW4Eg Remember like, share and subscribe
Remember the 20th March 2020 is the Model Officer Mess birthday bash, come and join in."Fokker's Foe's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217021638777483/
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Paul »

Welcome to ISM
User avatar
Homerlovesbeer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Australia

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Homerlovesbeer »

Welcome Cole4ord. :welcome:

The guys here are great and the learning process is great fun! I'm like you. My last crack at the hobby was 25 years ago as a teen and boy was it lame! I'm about a year in to my return with 3 builds completed. Now I'm not a poor teen I've gone a tad crazy with tools airbrushes etc but it's worth it. :mrgreen:
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by Damonkh »

Welcome aboard! The guys here are great!
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
User avatar
TheSmoo
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Contact:

Re: Greetings From Somerset.

Post by TheSmoo »

welcome aboard
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”