Chiefs sorry flanker

Post Reply
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by chief5437 »

Hi fellas :th:

Not sure what's gone on here :scratch:: great (not so) little kit this, but I just couldn't get into it. So I ended up just slapping it together to get it out the way. Couldn't even bring myself to take progress pics :pistols:

Here it is, just to keep the finished numbers up, lol!

Image

Image

never fear, I usually do more than one entry, and I've got a couple of other contenders in my newly replenished stash! :evil:

Cheers guys :cheers2:
Chief
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

The paint camo looks pretty cool and well done...from what I can see
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by chief5437 »

Ha! Cheers buddy. You can't see much as I didn't want anyone to see too much! I literally took two quick pics before I threw it in the bin :pistols:
Chief
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by rwsmith14 »

Love the paintwork/camo well done !! :thumb2:
Image
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Smiffy »

That Flanker looks pretty damn good for something just slapped together :th:
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Nige201980 »

Damn good looking flanker there mate
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
RobBye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:19 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Contact:

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by RobBye »

It looks like a Russian copy of the Chinese J-15. :whistle:
Image
My Scale Modelling Blog: https://armourinscale.wordpress.com
User avatar
TheSmoo
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Contact:

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by TheSmoo »

doesn't look to slapped together to me, if this is not to your liking you must have really high standards, I think it looks good
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by martin57 »

LOOKS ok from here my man , i no what you mean, my grand kids have a few of granddads not so good kits , to play with when thay pop round. :th:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Coen »

Your slapped together looks better than my "I worked my but off" work.
Nicely done Chief. :thumb1: :thumb1: :thumb1:
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by shortCummins »

I agree with Coen, I'd be happy if my best model looked half as good as that
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Avgas »

Looks PDG to me. Cam looks really nice.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
patrickroos
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Sweden
Sweden

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by patrickroos »

That's a great looking Flanker Chief!
Wish I could "slap" like that
Nice one! :th: :th:

:cheers2:
-----------------------
In progress:
A long list of stuff to finish...

Finished stuff (I have actually managed to finish something :dance: ):
http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.p ... 88&start=0
Dragon64
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:45 pm
Scotland

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Dragon64 »

IF that's you slapping something togethere i have a lot to learn lol. i think it looks great.

Tommy
User avatar
fly1ngdutchm4n
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Hoogerheide The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by fly1ngdutchm4n »

Lol.... if this is a slapped together kit, I think I should give it a try! :mrgreen:
I know what you mean by not getting in to it.
Im still struggling with my sdkfz 251 halftrack....
After 1 year on the shelf and 4 weeks of building again, its back on the shelf! Can't bin it though....
Curious to see what your next entry is going to be, hope that on will go better for ya! :thumb1:
Build what you love, Love what you build
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by chief5437 »

fly1ngdutchm4n wrote:Lol.... if this is a slapped together kit, I think I should give it a try! :mrgreen:
I know what you mean by not getting in to it.
Im still struggling with my sdkfz 251 halftrack....
After 1 year on the shelf and 4 weeks of building again, its back on the shelf! Can't bin it though....
Curious to see what your next entry is going to be, hope that on will go better for ya! :thumb1:
Ah yes, I remember that half track you were doing. This was just an impulse buy to get building while I waited for some other kits to arrive. They're here now, so hopefully things will go a bit better! Cheers buddy :th:
Chief
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Joesdad »

I does look fine to me, but if it's no good bin it, forget it and we'll say no more about it.
Shame :(
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by DBMiller »

Slapped together? I'd be happy with this quality. :thumb2:
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
Homerlovesbeer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Australia

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Homerlovesbeer »

Looks great! Did it really end up in the bin? :o
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by TommyKillander »

Great job Chief! :clap:

This Flanker doesn't seem so sorry to me - I think it looks fantastic :clap: :clap: :th:

Cheers
:cheers2:
Tommy
JudgeDredd
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:12 pm
Location: Colchester, England

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by JudgeDredd »

lol. I don't know what your problem was with the kit...but for just "slapping it together", it turned out nice.
I AM the Law
Scaleman
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:33 pm
Location: North pole Sweden

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Scaleman »

I didnt know you culd do that with the wings. Thumbs up very nice colours. :th:
Youtube Channel WarWarNeverChanges

On the bench 10+
Im a multi build addict trying to reduce
User avatar
Sturm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 am
Location: California,USA
United States of America

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by Sturm »

Looks great to me :thumb2:
"Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything."
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: Chiefs sorry flanker

Post by rodrant »

I understand your point of view ,

even as I see for the photos you show. looks a great build to me , much better than all my jets made until now :-)

That camo looks excellent and is a very beautifull fighter !

Happy modelling buddy !

:cheers2:
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
Post Reply

Return to “Reveals”