Hi from Russia

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Ether
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 pm
Russia

Hi from Russia

Post by Ether »

Hi, ISM.
I am a newbie in scale modeling from Russia. I have built a few kits out of the box but I still need to practice a lot in order to achieve good results with my models.

There was a short break in modeling, but I want to return and start building some good kit. I have a good impression about Meng's and Tamiya's kits. Maybe you can give advice about some kits of this companies? I'm interested in vehicles and tanks.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Avgas »

Welcome to ISM! Meng and Tamiya make excellent kits. Be careful with the older Tamiya kits as they can be a bit hit and miss. If you look on this website it will give you a timeline of the kits. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Paul »

Welcome to ISM :thumb2:
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Novorus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Novorus »

Welcome Ether, where in Russia are you from?
James
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnEdt ... s3LTfQW4Eg Remember like, share and subscribe
Remember the 20th March 2020 is the Model Officer Mess birthday bash, come and join in."Fokker's Foe's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217021638777483/
Ether
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 pm
Russia

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Ether »

Novorus wrote:Welcome Ether, where in Russia are you from?
I live in Saint Petersburg.

Anyone can advice about primers that I can use inside a flat and some airbrushers for it. Preferably, h&s airbrush, because I have h&s ultra and really like it.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Avgas »

Put a .4 needle and nozzle on the Ultra and you'll be fine. I have an Ultra, great brush. Primers tend to be a bit pongy/dusty so you really want some kind of extractor system, maybe one that you can dangle the hose out of your window.
Regards, Dave.
Ether
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 pm
Russia

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Ether »

Avgas wrote:Put a .4 needle and nozzle on the Ultra and you'll be fine. I have an Ultra, great brush. Primers tend to be a bit pongy/dusty so you really want some kind of extractor system, maybe one that you can dangle the hose out of your window.
I once tried Vallejo primer and didn't have big troubles with smells. But I didn't obtain good results because of using a cheap Chinese airbrush. Hope to get better results with h&s. Are there better variants for primers?

Have just looked at my airbrush, made a mistake. It's h&s evo 2 in 1, so I have a small needle and 0.4. Is it OK to use one airbrush for painting and priming? Or is it better to use 2 airbrushes?
panzerjager
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Säffle,Sweden
Sweden

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by panzerjager »

Welcome to ISM :th:
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Avgas »

It's h&s evo 2 in 1, so I have a small needle and 0.4. Is it OK to use one airbrush for painting and priming? Or is it better to use 2 airbrushes?
Use the .2 for normal painting and the .4 for primer. If money isn't a problem you could always get another brush just for priming but there's no need to really.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
SMAddict66
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 am
Location: Redditch, UK
England

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by SMAddict66 »

:welcome: :hi:
Phil
On the bench - Trumpeter 1/32 Fairey Swordfish
Just off the bench - Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer S2B
Next on the bench - Airfix 1/48 EE Lightning F2A/F6
Ether
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 pm
Russia

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Ether »

Avgas wrote: Use the .2 for normal painting and the .4 for primer. If money isn't a problem you could always get another brush just for priming but there's no need to really.
Thank you for advice, will follow it.
Have decided to buy Meng TS-019 as the first kit after a break in modelling. There is a PE additional kit by Voyager Model, is it necessary? Or it's optional and the kit is excellent without it?
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Re: Hi from Russia

Post by Damonkh »

:welcome: Love this world wide membership! Modeling bring us all together!
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”