info

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

info

Post by Maverik »

Hi everyone new to this I am wanting to start modeling again was wondering which manufacturer is the most popular and why cheers
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: info

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM :)

What are you into building? AFV or aircraft?
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Maverik »

Im building aircraft so far ive purchased a 1/48 hasegawa fA 18C
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: info

Post by Lee »

Can't go wrong with most Hasegawa's, Tamiya (apart from their Warbirds collection) are also a good starter :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Maverik »

Thanx lee I appreciate your time will look at more from hasegawa and tamiya also been looking at luckymodel.com are they safe to deal with any feed back would be great
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: info

Post by Lee »

Yes, very :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Maverik »

Cheers sorry for the late reply
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: info

Post by burnie43 »

yeah, I'm not much of an aircraft builder but both Tamiya and Hasegawa are the ones that I build when I get the urge!
I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff..
cheers
Mark
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: info

Post by Paul »

Lucky model you do need to be careful with, make sure what you want to buy is actually in stock, if its on backorder don't buy it as you can be waiting months.

Hasagawa are ok kits, theres a lot better out there now to be honest form other manufacturers
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Maverik »

Thankyou mark try and get it started soon still have to buy a bit of gear
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Maverik »

Ok paul good to know I wont buy anything if its not in stock I've got the model numbers to what I want I will see if the guy's in the local hobbyshop can get them in if it's a problem I will buy at lucky models cheers ps great vids learn't a lot already i had no idea when i was building when my har was darker
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Damonkh »

Welcome aboard. I wish I could put my two cents in, but I've been out for too long. Mostly Revell is what I am used to building.
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: info

Post by Avgas »

Eduard, Hobbyboss and Academy all make good kits but you need to look at this site https://www.scalemates.com/kits/ and read the reviews first. I do it before any purchase after I had a bit of an experience with an Airfix Harrier and it's never let me down.

Also read between the lines, some of the guys who do these reviews are top modellers so when they say something like 'difficult but satisfying' you maybe want to avoid it like the plague... :th:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Maverik »

Hi paul i just purchased some Mr hobby acrylic paints they say they are water based on the jar dose this mean i cant thin them with thinners because the guy in the shop told me not to but sold me thinners for brush clean up if these are the same paints you reviewed in your youtube channel is this correct cheers Angelo
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: Maverik

Post by Maverik »

Hi damonkh yeah thats cool Im just getting back into it to
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
User avatar
Maverik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: info

Post by Maverik »

Cheers Avgas i will look at tht site sorry for the late reply thanx
Angelo

On The Bench

HASEGAWA F15A EAGLE AIR NATIONAL GUARD /
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”