Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
MichaelHoffman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Contact:
United States of America

Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Post by MichaelHoffman »

Hello everyone. My name is Michael Hoffman, and I'm a modeler. I am on the facebook group. I just recently joined this fine forum. I am also a member of all the usual forums and go by the tag Gothmog.

Ok. Now some boring history.
I was born in 1960 in Bayreuth, West Germany. My father was career US Army. In 1974 we moved to Minnesota. At the age of 18 i graduated High School and served 8 years in the US Navy. I became submarine qualified, nuclear qualified, Navy diver. After my term of service, I wanted to do something different than what I was doing in the service. One day I saw an add in the local paper for a casino dealing class, it peaked my interest, and went to school. For the last 30 years I have been in the casino industry in various functions, from a craps dealer to casino shift manager. I graduated from collage this past June, with a degree in Drafting Technology and Design. I am currently working in the field.

I started modeling in 1966, my dad bought me a Batplane from the Batman series. My dad was a big plane modeler, he had dozens of model planes in his basement, and he always had 3 or 4 R/C planes. I have been modeling ever since. About the only thing I don't really model is armor, I have done a few tanks in the past, but it is just not my forte'. I enjoy Sci-Fi, aircraft of all types, cars, ships, submarines of course, and real space subjects. I don't build small scale any more, my planes have to be 1/32 or bigger, my ships 1/350 and bigger. Not that I can't build smaller, I just like to add a lot of detail. I am big into studio scale Sci-fi subjects.

I am currently putting my stuff together for the "From Russia with Love" group build, I don't know if I will have the time to do the F16 build, but I will be involved in others this year. Thank for invite and keep calm and model on.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Michael :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
Corkmyster9436
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am
Location: Evansville IN, USA
Contact:

Re: Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Post by Corkmyster9436 »

:welcome: to ISM from Evansville IN :hi:
Corky

Hanger Queen
Monogram 1/48th scale "Visible" B-17G



The stash has out grown the storage space..... :doh:
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Post by burnie43 »

Hi
And I will be in Las Vegas in only 5 weeks......any good model shops there Michael ?
Cheers
Mark
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Post by Smiffy »

:welcome:
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Re: Hello from Viva Las Vegas

Post by Damonkh »

:welcome:
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”