sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Moderator: T3hGuppy

Post Reply
User avatar
Chip1942
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Wimbledon London

sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Chip1942 »

After a tiring business of purchasing a 'new' car i finally have time again to sit at the bench and i was lucky enough to find Dragons highly sought after 6252.
I was thinking that many of us surely have that kit or 6600 (a similar kit) stored away is the stash?
perhaps we could build these fantastic kits together and help each other as well?

Please post your thoughts! :D

regards Chip

Image
Image
http://wwwplasticmetal.blogspot.co.uk/
In Progress:

Hobby Boss T26 1938

Tiger 1 initial production turret number '121'
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Coen »

Ohhh!!! Now that's tempting... I wish that I could Chip.
I'm about to start a tiger build too, just not those kits unfortunately :(
I have too many things on the go to do two tigers at once.
I will happily watch yours come together though. I love both of those kits.
User avatar
Chip1942
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Wimbledon London

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Chip1942 »

I know we've just had a ISM Tiger SIG but i would be honoured to do a general tiger buddy build with you with any tiger variant allowed would that be okay :th:

Regards Chip
http://wwwplasticmetal.blogspot.co.uk/
In Progress:

Hobby Boss T26 1938

Tiger 1 initial production turret number '121'
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Coen »

Hmm.
Well. The kit that I'm about to start is 6253. It's comparable to your 6252, coincidentally, dragon is re-releasing both of these kits (minus all the goodies) in the very near future. I could be interesting for folks to see what they won't be getting in the box when they by those new releases as well as what is wrong with our two kits and what will probably be corrected in the new releases.
I'll be starting my build near June 01 if that's ok by you. I also have a diorama in mind that will combine with a build that I'm doing with Paul for a 48 hour hang out build on June 05-06. They all come together in the end I'm hoping.

It's been a few weeks since I've built any real armour and I'm getting itchy. Haha.
User avatar
Nev
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Nev »

Now i can get back to building, I have picked up again on the Initial with Zim, which I could not Finish for your SIG Coen. So I would happily carry on alongside you guys.

Nev
Last edited by Nev on Fri May 29, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the Bench...
1/35 TAKOM Mark. IV Heavy Battle tank
User avatar
Chip1942
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Wimbledon London

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Chip1942 »

it doesnt matter if you start late. Mine is isnt out of the mail carton yet :D
Nev its excellent for you to join along with us cheers :cheers2:

Regards Chip
http://wwwplasticmetal.blogspot.co.uk/
In Progress:

Hobby Boss T26 1938

Tiger 1 initial production turret number '121'
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Coen »

Very cool... It looks like it's a thing then :th: :th: :th:
User avatar
Chip1942
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Wimbledon London

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Chip1942 »

Heres the link to the builds thread Good luck :th:
http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.php?f=372&t=12968
http://wwwplasticmetal.blogspot.co.uk/
In Progress:

Hobby Boss T26 1938

Tiger 1 initial production turret number '121'
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Coen »

:th: :thumb2: :thumb1:
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by mannloon »

Coen wrote::th: :thumb2: :thumb1:
What Late are you building Mike? My spidey sense says a VB 101st SS.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by Coen »

Hehehehe!
Yup. His charge down the road.
Possible another dio that's too big and I don't have room for. :eeek:
A tiger, a firefly, a pair of cromwells, and maybe a Universal carrier..... I haven't mocked it up yet.
Chances are it will be much more modest.
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by mannloon »

Coen wrote:Hehehehe!
Yup. His charge down the road.
Possible another dio that's too big and I don't have room for. :eeek:
A tiger, a firefly, a pair of cromwells, and maybe a Universal carrier..... I haven't mocked it up yet.
Chances are it will be much more modest.
That sounds amazing. I think I know exactly what you're thinking. I look forward to it.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
RichardT
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:05 am

Re: sdkfz 181 Tiger 1 Initial production

Post by RichardT »

Hi guys,

when is this starting - i have about three weeks left to finish an initial.

i still have a dragon late with zimmerit in the box kit 6383.It will have to be a 510th tiger 1 which fought in the Kurland pocket on the Eastern front.

would love to take part in my first group build if i can.

Cheers,
Richard
Post Reply

Return to “Someones Tiger I build.....!!!”