Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post Reply
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thank you very much, Antonio! I don't think it's a winner, because I saw a lot of great builds on this GB, like yours for example! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by rwsmith14 »

Just caught up on this build.. WOW !! amazing work !!! :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Image
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thanks a bunch, mate. Good that this GB will be on till the end of April. I might get in trouble with all the stuff that's planned and needs to be built. :banana:
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
Chip1942
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Wimbledon London

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by Chip1942 »

It looks fantastic so far :th: I absolutely love the stairs!!! :eeek:
http://wwwplasticmetal.blogspot.co.uk/
In Progress:

Hobby Boss T26 1938

Tiger 1 initial production turret number '121'
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Cheers, mate! Appreciate it a lot! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Update video on YT just out! :D Jens

[youtube]Nvo5K4loRCM[/youtube]
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Hi, lads! I've almost finished building the ruin #1 for the GB. Last bigger part(s): second floor. As you can see I constructed it with "steel beams". They'll be visible from the underside. The floor itself will be "parquet" with a fishbone pattern. I think that's the most common way to do it. I primed the walls and painted sort of "base colour". Since there'll be so much weathering I'm fine with the way they look. They'll change their appearance "dramatically" during the upcoming process.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Now it's really getting serious! More to come tomorrow or on Wednesday! Take care, be good and keep on modeling! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
ScaleModelJedi
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:47 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by ScaleModelJedi »

Top work. Very impressed with your scratch building :thumb1:
There are no failed builds only learning experiences.
MY Youtube channel : Scale Model Jedi
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSk5py ... taceCr3_3g
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thank you very much, mate! :D
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
MassterOzymandias
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 5:22 am
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by MassterOzymandias »

Great work for the building. I'm impressive with your skills my friend
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thanks a lot, José! I have new pictures, but I can't put 'em up before 10pm tonight! That's when my girlfriend goes to bed and I have more time for myself, hehehe! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
TheTroyster
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by TheTroyster »

Dude come on! You're freaking me out because your skills are amazing!
Troy :violin:
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thank you so much, Troy! Greetz from Germany! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
MikeyKb
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by MikeyKb »

Beauty!
I just bought some resin flooring that looks almost identical to your wall-work!
Who needs resin with skills like yours!?
:nena: :cheers2:
Mikey
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Cheers, mate! Only trying to save money, hehehe! :) Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Some more progress with the second floor of my ruin. Parquet is glued down and sanded to a very smooth surface. I mixed water, PVA glue and saw dust to make my own filler for the gaps between the boards. The result is somewhat mixed, but that's not so important. There'll be a lot of dirt and debris on the floor to cover the worst gaps.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The parquet was primed with Tamiya XF-10, flat brown, and then painted with burnt umber oil. After about ten minutes I started wiping off the oil oaint with a large flat paintbrush. I'll do that three or four times until there's just a thin layer left, that's still dark enough to cover most of the primer. I want to achieve some lighter areas that way. After that I'll drybrush single boards with a lighter oil paint. I want to keep that semi-gloss appearance of the oils. Looks like polished parquet then.

Image
Image

On the internet I was looking for pictures of oriental rugs and I found a Persian rug I liked. So, I downscaled the picture and printed it along with other stuff for this office. I sprayed a light coat of flat acrylic clear onto my sheet of paper. First thing then was "cutting the rug", but there was something missing! There were no fringes! There were! I came up with the idea to make them from fine white nylon tread. One side is finished. If you follow the pics you can see how I did it. It wasn't difficult, but a little fiddly.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I've been working on the factory wall, too. Primed and then base coated with Revell enamel matt 83 (some dark red brown) Then dry brushed with Tamiya XF-64, red brown and Revell matt 37, brick red. After that I sprayed a coat of flat clear on the wall. Once that was dry I applied a home made red wash (90% turpentine, 2,5% each of light red, orange, yellow ochre and burnt Siena oils). Next will be a dark wash of burnt umber and mineral spirit. Than dry brushing and picking out single bricks. In reality some bricks look darker or brighter than the rest, some look dark reddish grey or almost black and some have a blueish hue. A lot of work, but I can use the breaks between those steps for continueing on the figures and accessories.

Image
Image

There'll be a support for the second floor that'll be attached to the workshop's wall. I never worked as precisely as that before, since I wanted at least to try to get the perfect fit.

Image
Image
Image

Next on my list: furniture for the office and tools and a bench for the workshop. Let's see how those turn out. Take care, be good and keep on modeling! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
MikeyKb
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by MikeyKb »

this keeps getting better and better!
Love the flooring!!! that carpet is EXCELLENT!!!

Great work, bud!!!
:th: :cheers2: :cheers2: :jd:
Mikey
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by rodrant »

I say again Jens ! Terrific (in the good sense ;-) ) modelling work here !!! Awesome build thread ! :th:

:cheers2:
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
User avatar
TheSmoo
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Contact:

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by TheSmoo »

wow i am yet to try and make a dio, i like the way you scratch build stuff and show how it is done

Terry
JudgeDredd
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:12 pm
Location: Colchester, England

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by JudgeDredd »

:eeek:

WOW! Superb work so far.
I AM the Law
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thank you so much, guys! It's well appreciated! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by TommyKillander »

:jd:

Excellent stuff, mate !

The floorboards and rug is fantastic !!! :clap:

:cheers2:
Tommy
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thanks a lot, Tommy! :D
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
Svenne009
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: Eeklo - Belgium

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by Svenne009 »

Awesome work on the dio, it's all in the details :th:
Sven.

In the pipeline:
Tamiya 1/35 Kubelwagen type 82 DAK
Hobby Boss 1/35 German Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.F
Tamiya 1/35 JSU-152 007 GB
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

I agree on that. Thank you very much, mate! :D
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by Coen »

Holy sweet marbled ham batman!
I thought that I was bad for the long threads. You put me to shame dude.
That is some seriously awesome scratch building you've got going on there bud. The stairs and the rug are my favourite.
I love that floor too.
Taking notes...
Excellent work
:thumb1: :thumb1: :thumb1:
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Wow! Thanks a lot, Michael! Really appreciate it! :banana:

BTW, how do I get my YT channel into the bottom section of my posts? Thanks for your help, buddy! :)
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by Coen »

NonProlificModeler wrote:Wow! Thanks a lot, Michael! Really appreciate it! :banana:

BTW, how do I get my YT channel into the bottom section of my posts? Thanks for your help, buddy! :)

Put the link in your signature.
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Put the link in your signature.
Thanks, Michael! :)
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

I applied the dark wash to the brick wall. After it was half dry I removed most of it with mineral spirit and a damp paintbrush.

Image
Image

Next I built a desk from scratch. I don't want to bore you with all the steps it took to do it. There'll be an update video soon. :)
From the figure set that includes the accordion player there's a chair that I'll use. Both - the desk and the chair - were primed and got a base coat of Tamiya XF-64, red brown.

Image
Image
Image

Then I did some wainscoting in the office. Assembly is completed and it's primed. The goal is a very dark brown with - hopefully - woodgrain. I tested an idea of how to do it with the desk. I painted streaks with heavily diluted Tamiya buff, desert yellow, flat earth and flat brown. When everything's good and dry I'll apply burnt umber oil an blend it till it's translucent enough to let the streaks shine through. Let's wait and see if and how that works. :D

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

To be continued! Take care, be good and keep on modeling! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Just a short and quick update on the factory ruin and parts of the interior. I painted the desk with raw umber oil and blended it until the "woodgrain" became visible.

Image
Image
Image

Since that turned out nicely (IMO) I did the same paint job with the wainscoting. Only chenged the base colour to Tamiya XF-10, flat brown. "Woodgrain" was done with Tamiya XF-57, buff, XF-59 desert yellow, XF-52, flat earth and XF-64, red brown, all heavily diluted with alcohol. Then I decided to change the wallpaper. Now the pattern is white and smaller. I'll apply the wallpaper as soon as I've finished the paint job on the brick walls.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

For the workshop I already built a bench and a vice, from scratch, of course. Next will be a drill press and some tools.

Image
Image
Image
Image

That's it for now. Take care, be good and keep on modeling! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Hi, guys! Update video is out! Includes all "how tos" to the scratch built stuff. :)

[youtube]J6uNSRrcmG0[/youtube]
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
Dunhill2005
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Wunstorf, Germany
Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by Dunhill2005 »

And you say, you could not deal with small PE parts? :scratch::
You build everything scratch and in a very small scale... Well done!!! :th:
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thanks a lot, Kevin! To be honest: I never really tried working with PE parts. But I'd be afraid to damage the parts. Here I just make a new one when I messed it up. :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Hi, guys! Some pictures of the finished drill press. I'll show and explain the build in my next video. It was quite fiddly and I took pictures of almost every step. That'd be too much to show here. Total height of the model is 47 mm, the working area is at 25 mm. The drill bit is a real one I messed up by pushing too hard. The lighting is crap and I'm sorry for that! :D

Image
Image
Image
Image

Take care, be good and keep on modeling! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
ScaleModelJedi
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:47 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by ScaleModelJedi »

Nice job on the workbench and drill. I like the effect you have on the desk as well. Keep up the good work :thumb1:
There are no failed builds only learning experiences.
MY Youtube channel : Scale Model Jedi
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSk5py ... taceCr3_3g
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thanks a lot, Simon! :)
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by TommyKillander »

Awesome :clap: :clap:

Cant wait to see what you come up with next :D

:cheers2:
Tommy
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Hehehe, thank you, Tommy! Today I built the desk lamp. F*cking fiddly! I think I need to work faster or build less stuff. Two months to go sounds good, but time flies! :D Take care, mate! Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Hey! I finished the paint job on the drill press. I'm sorry for the poor lighting. The drill isn't as dark as it looks here! Now I'll make a video on how I built this tool. Take care, be good and keep on modeling. :D Jens

PS.: I touched up those splinters with white spots already. :)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
rodrant
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Maia - Portugal
Portugal

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by rodrant »

Did I mention already that this is one very interesting and awesome build :-)

I'm really waiting to see it complete ..I say again this is a winner !!!

:cheers2:
Cheers ,
António

On the Bench
a lot of stuff right now :-)
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by Coen »

Yup!
That's how it's done boys and girls!
Wow! Wow!
Wow!
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Post by rodrant » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Did I mention already that this is one very interesting and awesome build :-)

I'm really waiting to see it complete ..I say again this is a winner !!!

Thank you so much, mate! :)

by Coen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:30 am

Yup!
That's how it's done boys and girls!
Wow! Wow!
Wow!

Thanks a bunch, Michael! :D
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by TommyKillander »

I second that!

This is one of the most amazing builds I have seen. :banana:

Keep up the good work, Jens! :thumb2:

:cheers2:
Tommy
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

TommyKillander » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 am

I second that!

This is one of the most amazing builds I have seen. :banana:

Keep up the good work, Jens! :thumb2:

:cheers2:
Tommy

Thank you so much, Tommy. :D Got the strange feeling I'm a bit over the top with what I'm doing, at least as time consumption is concerned. :)
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
OliveDrab
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:48 am
Location: Missouri, USA
United States of America

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by OliveDrab »

Superb Jens!!! Simply superb, we're dying for more :)
Curt :cheers2:
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Thank you so much, buddy! I'm working on the "how to" vid for the drill press, but maybe I'll find the time to post the newest pictures, too! :D
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
TheTroyster
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by TheTroyster »

You have to stop doing this to me!

Every time I look at this build thread I am forced to get on my knees and start worshiping the greatness of this build.

My knees are killing me, and my kid is starting to think I am in some crazy scale model cult!

Brother, you are showing some mad talent here!
Troy :violin:
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Lord! I didn't want to put your health in danger, Troy!!! Thank you so much for your nice comment! Overwhelmed! :) Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
User avatar
NonProlificModeler
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Konstanz, Germany

Re: Pobeda (Victory), Berlin, May 1945

Post by NonProlificModeler »

Update! I've been working on out- and inside of the factory wall. Started weathering and decorated the office's walls. :)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

And then the office needed some interior like pictures, "news"papers an a desk lamp, too. The photo with the two little girls is 5 x 5 mm. The desk lamp's height is 15 mm. :) I cut the "Führer"-photo and the landscape painting out of their frames, glued the frames to brown carboard, cut them out again and glued pictures and frames once more to cardoard. That way the frames look more realistic.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

And - if you like to: here's the video on how I built the drill press:

[youtube]L7iynulkhVo[/youtube]

Alright, so much for this! Have a nice weekend, guys! Take care, be good and keep on modeling! :D Jens
Jens

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhxv6 ... 6zm2jQPD8g

On my bench:
Dio "Vidette Is Coming To Town", Normandy -Day + 2, Tamiya Brit. Centaur and scratch built farm wall
Italeri GMC CCKW 2.5 ton "Water Tank Truck to Fuel Tanker conversion" - scratch built
Post Reply

Return to “Builds”