Modelshops in the Midlands UK

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Modelshops in the Midlands UK

Post by Stokesy44 »

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of any decent model shops within about an hour's drive of Leicester City? As much as I like to shop on-line, there's something about wandering around the kits and bits that beats all that finger clicking.

Appreciations in advance
:cheers2:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
Scalemodelmedic
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: Tipton, UK
Contact:

Re: Modelshops in the Midlands UK

Post by Scalemodelmedic »

I live in Tipton, in the black country. If you don't mind awful parking there is Mr models in a town called Bearwood and a shop called parabellum in the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. Both are real "alladins cave" type places and both shops have stands at major model shows.
User avatar
Willem
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:39 pm
Location: Leicestershire, UK.
Great Britain

Re: Modelshops in the Midlands UK

Post by Willem »

Second the above. Also Leicestershire based and find the odd drive to Mr Models very therapeutic when I need a browse. Hannants in Colindale worth a visit. Not within an hour but I usually combine a visit to the RAF museum just up the road.
Will

"A thing of orchestrated hell- a terrible symphony of light and flame."

Edward R Murrow
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Modelshops in the Midlands UK

Post by Stokesy44 »

Scalemodelmedic wrote:I live in Tipton, in the black country. If you don't mind awful parking there is Mr models in a town called Bearwood and a shop called parabellum in the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. Both are real "alladins cave" type places and both shops have stands at major model shows.
Willem wrote:Second the above. Also Leicestershire based and find the odd drive to Mr Models very therapeutic when I need a browse. Hannants in Colindale worth a visit. Not within an hour but I usually combine a visit to the RAF museum just up the road.
Thanks Gents. Much appreciated
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
MarkB15
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Coningsby
England

Re: Modelshops in the Midlands UK

Post by MarkB15 »

When I'm in Notingham, a visit to geedee-modelshop.com is a must for me. I think only 40 mins from Leicester. Bit of a trek form me form Coningsby, but I have family in Notts so best of Both.
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Modelshops in the Midlands UK

Post by Stokesy44 »

MarkB15 wrote:When I'm in Notingham, a visit to geedee-modelshop.com is a must for me. I think only 40 mins from Leicester. Bit of a trek form me form Coningsby, but I have family in Notts so best of Both.
Thanks Mark

Looks a real possibility
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”