P.E

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Les0012
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 pm
Location: Keith NE Scotland
Scotland

P.E

Post by Les0012 »

Just got to learn how to use this thingy.

Master tools from Models are go, but no destructions in the pack

Image

Did watch a video of Paul's that had a similar tool but trial and error come to mind

Les
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: P.E

Post by Coen »

I've had one for 7 years and I still don't know how to use it. :O
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: P.E

Post by wookiee76 »

For most smaller stuff i find a small pair of well made smooth jawed pliers work a treat, yet to purchase a bending tool yet though. I think what you do is position the part with the bend line at the edge of the top plate, tighten down and then use a single edged razor blade to bend the part upwards.
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
OneSmallStep1966
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent (UK)
England

Re: P.E

Post by OneSmallStep1966 »

Paul made a great how-to article on PE including the use of those tools.

[youtube]GKqukvfjkSQ[/youtube]
User avatar
InitialProduction1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: P.E

Post by InitialProduction1 »

Had mine for years, love it, small tuff strat flat pliers. Actually I need a new one.

:jd: first time I've posted a picture from my phone, it looks massive. Man I have to learn how to do this. Lol.
20160229_121319_resized-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On the bench
Sturm boot dragon,PZIII ausf J dragon, jagtiger old dragon, initial tiger dragon, tiger rye field,
Life is way to short to Dislike art so don't, help don't hate. :think:

clay
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: P.E

Post by ForbesHutton »

Those are girlie "tools".

This is how to deal with PE (Phucking Evil):

Image
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”