what's your favourite camo scheme ?

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by burnie43 »

Morning people
So I'm having my morning pot of tea while watching " Greatest Tank Battles " on TV....for the 100000th time I might add !! ......and then the vision came on again which resulted in this question....
What is your favourite camouflage scheme or colour scheme on a military vehicle, aircraft , uniform or anything that you model....... ?

I keep getting slightly twitchy when I see a Tiger in Dunkelgelb with a Red-Brown camo scheme.....not sure why in fact I don't even know which theatres that scheme was used in but every time is see it in a book or on TV I stop and stare !!!
Time to get it done me thinks ...
Thank you and have a great week guys...and gals too
Mark
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
MarkVerploeg
Major
Major
Posts: 4837
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Oss, Noord Braband The Netherlands
Netherlands

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by MarkVerploeg »

I think that for me the German WWII Ambush camo would be the favorite
allthough it was not used by that many units and on a limited amount of vehicles
On the bench
GB builds
1/35 Trumpeter M1132 ESV

Personal builds
1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 tractor with M1000 semi trailer and Meng M1A2 TUSK II Abrams
1/35 Takom V2 rocket with the Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by chief5437 »

For armour, it'd have to be the British Berlin scheme from the Berlin Brigade. Hard to say for aircraft, there's so many I like. I'm a big fan of EE Lightnings with the colourful tails and spines, and USN/USMC CAG planes.
Chief
User avatar
timtamtung
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by timtamtung »

i'm going to break this up as i have difference likes for different vehicles.

for tank:

ww1: French camo

Image

ww2: German late war Ambush pattern

Image

Modern Aussie camo (because im aussie)

Image

For Aircraft

Civy: US Marine One

Image

Military: SU-35 Flanker

Image
-tungy
Image
To do list:

1:35 Tasca Fury+Bravo6 crew | 1:48 Danger Zone F-14 |
Akula1959
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:07 am
Location: Mooresville NC

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by Akula1959 »

Now I am curious. Off to Google this Brit Berlin Brigade pattern. :D

DonP
I am a criminal mastermind, not a mind reader!
User avatar
RobBye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:19 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Contact:

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by RobBye »

Hands down, my favorite camo is Swedish M90 splinter.

Image

Second would be CadPat and all its related offshoots. They both work effectively and happen to also look great!
Last edited by RobBye on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
My Scale Modelling Blog: https://armourinscale.wordpress.com
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by Smiffy »

For AFV's its got to be Berlin Camo from the Brlin Brigade.
Image

For aeroplanes, you cant beat on jets
Image

And for older planes because it works so damn well
Image

Though I do also really like RAF Dark Earth\Middle Stone over Azure Blue.
Image
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by burnie43 »

fantastic answers guys....great pics added as well...
Thank you
Mark
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by Lysus »

Image

I'm told there's a flat-top in this picture but I just don't see it.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
aur0ra145
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by aur0ra145 »

Dazzle paint! Always interesting seeing the designs.

Also, whatever this scheme is called.

Image
User avatar
Backfire22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:56 am
Location: Jacksonville Florida

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by Backfire22 »

Favorites are SE Asian camo and Sea Flanker Blue /Grey for aircraft
Uniforms is what I wore when I was in during the 80's: woodland camo
Same scheme for armor: woodland
Akula1959
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:07 am
Location: Mooresville NC

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by Akula1959 »

Adding my favourites, I have only two preferred: WWII German Ambush scheme, I first saw that on the Squadron Panther book and it really looked cool. For 'modern' ie Cold War armour, I'd have to go with what we in Cav called Dueler Tex, an at the time frame an experimental digital pattern. I am cozying up to the UK Berlin Brigade camo as well. :)

DonP
I am a criminal mastermind, not a mind reader!
User avatar
InitialProduction1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by InitialProduction1 »

This one I've always thought was cool.
Screenshot_2016-03-02-11-56-17_resized.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On the bench
Sturm boot dragon,PZIII ausf J dragon, jagtiger old dragon, initial tiger dragon, tiger rye field,
Life is way to short to Dislike art so don't, help don't hate. :think:

clay
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by burnie43 »

InitialProduction1 wrote:This one I've always thought was cool.
Screenshot_2016-03-02-11-56-17_resized.png
is this from a movie???
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
InitialProduction1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by InitialProduction1 »

No, I have thousands of photos that I've taken from the Internet, the only thing is that they have to be for my personal use. I can't show a lot of some really awesome stuff, I was told from YouTube, people have to find them for thier selfs.? I'm not good at the Internet so I asked first, how to post, and they said I can't post pictures, from other sites? Like I said I don't know this stuff. Anyway, this is where I got that photo.
2016-03-04 07.17.01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On the bench
Sturm boot dragon,PZIII ausf J dragon, jagtiger old dragon, initial tiger dragon, tiger rye field,
Life is way to short to Dislike art so don't, help don't hate. :think:

clay
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by burnie43 »

thanks pal...just looked a good pic
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
CJSomerset
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm
Location: Somerset - UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by CJSomerset »

Image

I LOVE camo and would love to dress like this all the time! I have the bow! But I'm a vegetarian :ooops:

As for models…. I REALLY love dazzle camo but I don't do ships.

All my builds are WW11 Luftwaffe because they have so many cool camo designs.
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by Lysus »

You could hunt wild watermelon. That's what I see in all the bow demonstrations that don't use paper targets.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
CJSomerset
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm
Location: Somerset - UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by CJSomerset »

Image

We solved the problem by hunting Zombies.
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: what's your favourite camo scheme ?

Post by Lysus »

:lol:

Nice.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”