Oh you feisty Canadians!

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Stokesy44 »

While reading one of our WIPs I realised there was no note of the scale so I went Googling to see if I could spot it. The WIP was for a Dragon BF 109 E4 and while I thought it was 1/32, I just wanted to confirm. Anyway... Ended up on another Forum's site pleasantly reading a thread with a beautiful 109 (no better than the one on our site of course - Lol) when all of a sudden it kicks off when some Dude posts -

I like it BUT, the rivetting.................you have achieved an interesting effect of drilled out rivets ! The finish of the German airframes @ this period of the war was superb. Most of the locating fasteners were very flush finished, not discernable to the eye at all. I would seriously consider filling in all those 'holes' to restore the finish on what otherwise has the makings of an exceptional model.

By way of background, the guy making the 109 had done his own rivets (beautifully done) because he felt the kit lacked the surface detail. To cut a long story short, everyone piles in, mostly on the side of the modeller, but this guy just will not let go. Tempers flare, hackles are raised and at one point someone suggests the Dude post some of HIS work instead of just commenting on others. This is the response -

Since I model in 1:1, my 'models' are currently patrolling Canada's interests in the Arctic and the North Atlantic.

Like the Barclaycard advert - PRICELESS. And before you tear me a new one, I know this Dude is the exception. As a rule, you Canadians are the best - super chilled and generous in your praise!
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Avgas »

Best cool reponse I've heard like that was when I was in the RAF and we were at an air show. There was a stall with some modellers on showing off their wares, some very good models too. Guy who I knew (in civvies) strolls along and studies a Red Arrow's Hawk closely. Modelling chap starts to explain about model. Guy says 'It's a great model but there's an error on the seat, would you like me to point it out?' Modeller goes on about how he knows every inch of the Hawk, and he doubts very much that the guy can tell him anything about it that he doesn't already know and various other blustery comments.

Guy walks away apologetically and says 'Well it's a great model anyway.'

Cue later in the afternoon, modeller's jaw and cool hit the ground as the guy walks past, this time in his working uniform of Red 4...priceless.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by digger303 »

A very nice funny read to both of you.Go's to show one should listen before opening one's mouth too wide.
Love it
Thanks for the laugh.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

Speaking as a Canadian... I won't defend us.
Some of the absolute worst rivet counters, dusty old fart, head firmly planted in the ancient stoggy past of modelling, and completely unaware of the greater modelling world outside of Canada... Are Canadians.
I've met and befriended modellers all over the planet and sadly my own contrymen tend to be the least open minded and kind when it comes to the hobby.
Not all of us are like that, and the ones that are definitly aren't here on ISM.
They would never approve of all of the free will or of the creative allowances.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Avgas »

I'd hung out at a few modelling forums before joining this one, not as a member but just observing. Some are downright awful no matter what part of the world the members were from. Rivet counting, colour obsessive, nasty to beginners, always ready to find fault and to and prove their superior knowledge. I have to say that I'm sure a lot of folk don't actually enjoy modelling, they can't do with the attitudes that some of them have.

Then I found this place which is like a little oasis where the emphasis is on enjoyment regardless of ability. Long may it stay so.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

Avgas wrote: Then I found this place which is like a little oasis where the emphasis is on enjoyment regardless of ability. Long may it stay so.
Here Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th: :th:
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Coen wrote:Speaking as a Canadian... I won't defend us.
Some of the absolute worst rivet counters, dusty old fart, head firmly planted in the ancient stoggy past of modelling, and completely unaware of the greater modelling world outside of Canada... Are Canadians.
I've met and befriended modellers all over the planet and sadly my own contrymen tend to be the least open minded and kind when it comes to the hobby.
Not all of us are like that, and the ones that are definitly aren't here on ISM.
They would never approve of all of the free will or of the creative allowances.

Well I wasn't going to say anything but now you're getting it
There should be at least ten, 10!!! apples falling from any apple tree when a Panzer hits it. Six should be pristine, two squashed and two bruised
I cannot believe you missed that in your dio



:tongue:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by ForbesHutton »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:
Coen wrote:Speaking as a Canadian... I won't defend us.
Some of the absolute worst rivet counters, dusty old fart, head firmly planted in the ancient stoggy past of modelling, and completely unaware of the greater modelling world outside of Canada... Are Canadians.
I've met and befriended modellers all over the planet and sadly my own contrymen tend to be the least open minded and kind when it comes to the hobby.
Not all of us are like that, and the ones that are definitly aren't here on ISM.
They would never approve of all of the free will or of the creative allowances.

Well I wasn't going to say anything but now you're getting it
There should be at least ten, 10!!! apples falling from any apple tree when a Panzer hits it. Six should be pristine, two squashed and two bruised
I cannot believe you missed that in your dio



:tongue:
And the smell of a freshly crushed apple would attract goats from miles around.

Image
Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

See what I mean
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Coen wrote:See what I mean
Heh, heh :lol: :D
Most Canadians are just smart asses :mrgreen:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
RobBye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:19 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Contact:

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by RobBye »

I don't know if we Canadians are worse than anyone else, and with hockey playoffs coming, I don't have time to contemplate that. :tongue:
Image
My Scale Modelling Blog: https://armourinscale.wordpress.com
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

I'm no hockey fan, but I did grow up on the song!

[youtube]YsU_Q6xwcAw[/youtube]
Last edited by Coen on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

As a Vancouver Canuck fan I would just like to say :bash: :wall: kill me now
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Damonkh »

I have to say that personally rivet counters and perfectionists can simply go pound sand. If you critic my work and give construction criticism, great. If you are trying to make me feel small because of you experience, then it will simply fall on deaf ears. I am personally in it for the pure pleasure of building something that I enjoy.

And so far ISM is THE site to be on for beginners and others who are simply into this hobby for the pleasure of it. Thank you guys for making such a nice place to be in.
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Stokesy44 »

I recall a great quote by Sir Brian Horrocks, General in charge of 30 Corps in Europe 1944-45 when speaking about the Canadians. He said their great strength was when the fighting got close in, they went at it like hockey players!
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by digger303 »

Stokesy44 wrote:I recall a great quote by Sir Brian Horrocks, General in charge of 30 Corps in Europe 1944-45 when speaking about the Canadians. He said their great strength was when the fighting got close in, they went at it like hockey players!
knew there had to be a point to the game :) cheap government army training..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by wookiee76 »

Seems to me that all the Canadians i have had dealings with, both dudes and dudettes (btw, congats as a nation on some of the finest looking women to grace the planet) have been friendly, polite, interesting and funny, maybe i just assume the rude and ignorant ones are Americans!
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

We have plenty of rude and ignorant Canadians... But there's only 35 or 36 million of us.
So no one notices them.
There are something like 300 million Americans. It's a lot easier to notice the arsehole in a crowd that large.
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by wookiee76 »

I also know of many decent people from south of the border but if you group together enough buttholes you get people who vote trump! Hope you guys are ready for the immigration crisis if he wins.
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

Apparently Cape Breton has agreed to take them all hahahaha
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by digger303 »

Coen wrote:We have plenty of rude and ignorant Canadians... But there's only 35 or 36 million of us.
So no one notices them.
There are something like 300 million Americans. It's a lot easier to notice the arsehole in a crowd that large.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They tend to congregate when numbers are that large. Herds are so easy to spot.
Self righteous bunch of arse's
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by digger303 »

wookiee76 wrote:I also know of many decent people from south of the border but if you group together enough buttholes you get people who vote trump! Hope you guys are ready for the immigration crisis if he wins.
If any body was likely to start WW3 then it is going to him....what a step into the dark ages if he gets in. Personally I think Obama is doing a good job given the restraints he has to work with. Only a view from faraway.

:cheers2: :cheers2:
Last edited by digger303 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

Careful... We're stepping over the line into politics.
Never a good idea.
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by wookiee76 »

Yep, politics and religion, anathema to a sensible or amusing conversation.
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by ForbesHutton »

Image

Believe it or not...this is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.
US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course.

CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!

US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
Image
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by ForbesHutton »

President George Bush was in the Oval Office wondering which country to invade next, when his telephone rang.

"Hallo, President Bush" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Archie, up ere at the Harp Seal Pub in Badger's Cove, Newfoundland, Canada eh? I am callin' to tells ya dat we are officially declaring war on ya!"

"Well Archie," George replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," said Archie, after a moments calculation "there is myself, me cousin Harold, me next-door-neighbor Mick, and the whole dart team from the pub. That makes eight!"

George paused. "I must tell you Archie that I have one million men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Holy jeez," said Archie. "I'll have ta call ya back!" Sure enough, the next day, Archie called again. “Mr. Bush, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Archie?” George asked.

"Well sir, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Harry's farm tractor."

President Bush sighed. "I must tell you Archie, that I have 16,000 tanks and 14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I've increased my army to one and a half million since we last spoke."

Lard T'underin' bye", said Archie, I'll be getting back to ya."

Sure enough, Archie rang again the next day. "President Bush, the war is still on! We have managed to git ourselves airborne! We up an' modified Harrigan's ultra-light wit a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four byes from the Legion have joined us as well!"

George was silent for a minute then cleared his throat. "I must tell you Archie that I have 10,000 bombers and 20,000 fighter planes. My military complex is surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I've increased my army to TWO MILLION!"

"Jumpins," said Archie,” I’ll have ta call youse back."

Sure enough, Archie called again the next day. "President Bush! I am sorry to have to tell you dat we have had to call off dis 'ere war."

"I'm sorry to hear that" said George. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

Well, sir," said Archie, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over a bunch of pints, and come to realize dat dere's no way we can feed two million prisoners."

CANADIAN CONFIDENCE CANNOT BE SHAKEN!
Image
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by digger303 »

Coen wrote:Careful... We're stepping over the line into politics.
Never a good idea.
Yes I woke up this morning thinking I forgot there are some USA citizens on this forum who ain't bad guys......Sorry to those I offended. :oops: :oops:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Stokesy44 »

ForbesHutton wrote:President George Bush was in the Oval Office wondering which country to invade next, when his telephone rang.

Well, sir," said Archie, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over a bunch of pints, and come to realize dat dere's no way we can feed two million prisoners."

CANADIAN CONFIDENCE CANNOT BE SHAKEN!
Brilliant.

Love the way you got the accent down too. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

Until you've heard the newfie accent... you would never believe it.

Ows yer belli wer d peg bit ya? = hello

Course there's some accents in the UK that sound like a drunken hobbit eating muffins, while falling down the stairs and playing the bongos.
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by wookiee76 »

And then there are geordies, whole different language.
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

[youtube]a55iAwMXylo[/youtube]
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

[youtube]zqLuIXwsLDw[/youtube]
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Avgas »

Nah, this is how you speak Geordie...

[youtube]2FDcplwT-8Q[/youtube]
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH!H!H!!H!!!!!!!
Les09
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 pm
Location: South West England. UK

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Les09 »

Coen wrote:
Course there's some accents in the UK that sound like a drunken hobbit eating muffins, while falling down the stairs and playing the bongos.
I'm a Scot, and I resemble that remark :thumb2:

Les
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

As any good scot should. :th:
User avatar
d6mst0
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:54 am
United States of America

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by d6mst0 »

If you can understand a drunken scot, you can understand anybody.
Les09
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 pm
Location: South West England. UK

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Les09 »

d6mst0 wrote:If you can understand a drunken scot, you can understand anybody.
So true my friend, so true :cheers2:
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Icemannique »

I was exchange student in scotland in my younger days, I had a big problem to understand anything they said at start :wtf: , but i learnt the accent. After that i did understand what Colin Mcrae said in interviews.... ;)
Jari alias Jerry
MikeyBugs95
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:50 am
Contact:

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by MikeyBugs95 »

Hm... I was in Canada 2 years ago and everybody there was so nice and courteous... And the streets and sidewalks! Oy, they were so clean you could almost eat off them! I'm telling you, if something happens in a few months that I hope doesn't happen but won't talk about, I'm moving to Canada. Or New Zealand. Where ever the family wants to move to.

Oh yeah... Hockey for life. Let's Go Islanders :P.
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by ForbesHutton »

Icemannique wrote:I was exchange student in scotland in my younger days, I had a big problem to understand anything they said at start :wtf: , but i learnt the accent. After that i did understand what Colin Mcrae said in interviews.... ;)
If you see a gentleman, late 60s, 5'9" (175cm), slim build, crazy gray hair, looking much like a crazy professor, say "hi". That's my uncle Ewen and he still has a thick Glasgow accent despite moving to Finland 40 years ago. Despite looking like a crazy professor, he's not. He retired :D .
Image
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Coen »

Hahahahaha!
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Oh you feisty Canadians!

Post by Icemannique »

ForbesHutton wrote:
Icemannique wrote:I was exchange student in scotland in my younger days, I had a big problem to understand anything they said at start :wtf: , but i learnt the accent. After that i did understand what Colin Mcrae said in interviews.... ;)
If you see a gentleman, late 60s, 5'9" (175cm), slim build, crazy gray hair, looking much like a crazy professor, say "hi". That's my uncle Ewen and he still has a thick Glasgow accent despite moving to Finland 40 years ago. Despite looking like a crazy professor, he's not. He retired :D .
If i see him i say "terve" (hi) to him... :mrgreen: heheh !
Jari alias Jerry
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”