Resolved (sort of) Arrfg Airbrushing Primer problems...maybe my own stupidity

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Damonkh
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Resolved (sort of) Arrfg Airbrushing Primer problems...maybe my own stupidity

Post by Damonkh »

Resolved sorta:
Found the thread in another forum that answers this issue.
http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.p ... 19#p212419





So I was really frustrated this weekend. I got the Badger primer and was all set to do some priming. Never used this stuff before but with all the reviews and Ultimate selling it under their own brandname, I decided to try it out.
Now I am sure it is something I am doing wrong. I hope. Read the instructions. Shook really well. Put in the .05mm needle. put some into the pot. And……
hmmmm… nothing… cranked up the compressor to 25psi. a little better, but, it would sray for a about 30 sec or so then nothing. Clean the nozzle. Again same thing. Tried to increase to 30psi. Same thing.
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
In the long run I ended up adding Ultimate Thinner. Still had problems with splattering and consistent spraying. I think I ended up at about 38psi. Went through a lot of the primer since I was priming a large aircraft.
Overall I am disappointed, but still question what I could possibly be doing wrong. Any suggestion folks?
Damon "Mad Hat Modeler"
On the Bench...
B-25 Mitchell
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”