Ultimate Products 10/10

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Steve64
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 10:14 am
Location: An Englishman abroad
Great Britain

Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by Steve64 »

Hi guys

I just ordered my first batch of Ultimate products and I have to say I am impressed. The order reached me in good time (I live in Switzerland so its never super speedy, but the order was delivered as quickly as any others) and the products were nicely packaged, even down to the liquid items being packed in their own sealed plastic bags.

I just tired the Ultimate buffers and wow they are magic. After a general sanding with 600 grit Tamiya sanding sponge, the Ultimate buffers turned the oddly textured plastic on Italeri's Mirage IIIc into a beautiful smooth and shiny finish and blended filled seam-lines , er... seamlessly. They are also really easy and forgiving to use. If you haven't tried them already I thoroughly recommend getting some and trying them out.

If the new primer, airbrush cleaner and thinner I also ordered are as good, then my days of experimenting with products are over.

Great products fellas!

Have a good day.

Steve
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by Coen »

I'm a long time convert to the Ultimate tools of the trade, I'm always finding new ways to use the washes.
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by Lee »

Awesome :th:
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
spock1701
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:58 pm
Location: Upstate New York
United States of America

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by spock1701 »

Thanks for the review. Been considering using Ultimate for some time. Expensive shipping to the US though.
There is always time for modeling.
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by Lysus »

spock1701 wrote:Thanks for the review. Been considering using Ultimate for some time. Expensive shipping to the US though.
There is one US reseller, I'm on mobile so I don't have the link readily available. Maybe someone can drop it here for you.

Edit: had it bookmarked on my phone: http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by Stokesy44 »

I've got a shedload of Ultimate stuff on the way with the postman so you guys better not all be liars!

If the quality of my kits fail to improve I'm comin' for ya! :pistols:
:cheers2:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
sgwestrip
Private
Private
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:55 am
England

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by sgwestrip »

Now if only Ultimate sold pigments.......... :banana:
Stephen
On the bench
Dragon 6578 Stug III Ausf G 1/35
Revell BAe Hawk T.1 Red Arrows 1/72
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by wookiee76 »

They do, just let some of the wash evaporate in a pot and voila!
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by Stokesy44 »

wookiee76 wrote:They do, just let some of the wash evaporate in a pot and voila!
Dude, that is frikkin genius.

I've never understood the difference between using pigments and pastels. I have never used pigments and I've only used pastels as a wash, how do you use a pigment as a powder? :think:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by wookiee76 »

Depends on the effect you want, for surface dirt or dust, exhaust stains etc i just rub them onto a flat coat with a short bristled brush, for textured surfaces like rust or mud then i stipple them onto a glaze medium.
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by Stokesy44 »

wookiee76 wrote:Depends on the effect you want, for surface dirt or dust, exhaust stains etc i just rub them onto a flat coat with a short bristled brush, for textured surfaces like rust or mud then i stipple them onto a glaze medium.
Cool, thanks for the tip. Its all in the type of surface. Makes perfect sense.

Cheers Dude :cheers2:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Ultimate Products 10/10

Post by wookiee76 »

No worries, it's what we're here for, learn and share.
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”