Hi from Fulda Germany

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
SgtBones
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:21 pm
Location: Fulda Germany
United States of America

Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by SgtBones »

I am Bill Ebaugh, AKA SgtBones, 51 years old and been building models since I was 8. Definitely not a pro model assembler, but I have had my successes in the past and hope to do more in the future. I tend to be unorthodox in how I do things, since I like to spend money on kits and not on lots of pigments and such, this is due to my never having easy access to any of these items before in the past, so I have developed a lot of ...shall we say unusual techniques!

Anyways, I served 8 years as a Scout in the US Army, have been on Bradleys, HMMV's, cross trained on M1 Abrams as a gunner, flown in kiowas as an Aero Scout, been on Blackhawks, flown front seat in a Cobra, and basically have a lot of first hand experience in modern military stuff. Also have knowledge on Leopard 1, Leopard 2A5, Marder, and several other German Vehicles (I get to go to Open House days at a German Kaserne!) and some knowledge of Soviet vehicles (BTR60, BMP1/2, T-55, among others, all from the first Gulf War 90/91) so if I can help anyone with information about these vehicles just let me know.

Right now I am getting back into building Armor, and hope to join in on some of the GB and SiG's here!

And I have to send a Thanks out to all the Youtube guys for reminding me how much fun building models can be!
On the table: RFM Tiger I, Amusing Hobbies Rutscher and Pz38D, USS Missouri, Graf Spee, Italeri VW 1303
User avatar
ForbesHutton
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am
Location: To,On,Ca
Scotland

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by ForbesHutton »

Welcome to the plastic party!
Image
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by Lysus »

:welcome:
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
Panthie
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:09 pm
Location: / Germany

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by Panthie »

Hello Landsman :-)
If you want your wife to listen to you, then talk to another woman. She will be all ears
User avatar
SMAddict66
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 am
Location: Redditch, UK
England

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by SMAddict66 »

:welcome: :hi:
Phil
On the bench - Trumpeter 1/32 Fairey Swordfish
Just off the bench - Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer S2B
Next on the bench - Airfix 1/48 EE Lightning F2A/F6
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Bill :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Backfire22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:56 am
Location: Jacksonville Florida

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by Backfire22 »

Welcome to ISM!
User avatar
mannloon
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by mannloon »

I know you.
On the bench:
Cyber-Hobby T-34 Under New Management
Cyber-Hobby Tiger I Kursk
Rye Field Tiger I w/ Interior
Academy T-34 with bed spring armor
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Hi from Fulda Germany

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Hi there welcome.
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”