most detailed kit

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
DC10
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:48 pm
Location: Wisconsin

most detailed kit

Post by DC10 »

What's the most detailed kit that you have ever built? For me it would probably be the revell 1/48 p-38 lightening.
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: most detailed kit

Post by Coen »

I'm going to say the 1/72 Millennium Falcon that I'm working on now.
Her little sister isn't shy in this department either.
I've never seen anything like it from moulds alone without aftermarket to dress it up.
Out of the box... for me so far. Winner.
longlance67
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Galway, Ireland

Re: most detailed kit

Post by longlance67 »

For me it was Dragon's 234/3 armored car, so much was going on that model and it was a joy to build and weather :)
On the Bench:
Trumpeter Stryker ESV
Hobby Boss 1/48 F18 Hornet
1/72 Dragon King Tiger with Zimm
28mm Napoleonic project
28mm Norman Conquest of Ireland painting project

My Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/longlance67
User avatar
DC10
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:48 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: most detailed kit

Post by DC10 »

I've never seen anything like it from moulds alone without aftermarket to dramazing ess it up.
your right it looks amazing and huge.
WebbyNZ
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 am
Location: Manawatu, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: most detailed kit

Post by WebbyNZ »

Yamaha yzr kit w full detail set
The lack of size and sheer quantity of PE and resin parts were overwhelming and far beyond my skill set at the time.
And I'd still not tackle another one of those super detail sets anytime soon, which is all about me as they are amazingly well produced sets.
Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
User avatar
jmar829
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:06 pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, U.S.A.

Re: most detailed kit

Post by jmar829 »

I'm still kind of a newbie, but with that said, I'd have to go with my 1/48 scale Revell B-17G Flying Fortress or Revell B-24D Liberator. I do have an unbuilt Revell B-29 Superfortress that looks like it could take me 3 months to build.
If you're going through hell...keep going.
–Winston Churchill


:fly2:
gosselin2112
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Manchester, Newhampshire USA

Re: most detailed kit

Post by gosselin2112 »

That's a tough one for me. Most of my kits are not quite current, and the detail is so so. That being said, The Italeri Panther A with all the extra detail that I have added to it qualifies as the most detailed kit I've worked on. I must admit that I purchased Revell's 1/72 B-17F two days ago. So it is the most detailed kit in my stash!
Last edited by gosselin2112 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: most detailed kit

Post by Nige201980 »

For me it the Academy P-38 lighting I've just done
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”