Handy Holding tool

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
McLeod
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:59 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Handy Holding tool

Post by McLeod »

I was going through my bits n bobs box tonight and came across some bits that gave me an idea.
Coen has a neat handle for when he's painting tank hulls etc, you've probably seen it in his videos or you may have something similar.

I found a couple of old transit bolts from a washing machine which I thought would go perfectly with the length of dowel from the bottom of a canvas wardrobe cover - so I cannibalised the wardrobe lol.

So I trimmed one of the washers/stoppers down a bit and cut a lenghth of dowel.

Image

I drilled a pilot hole for the screw in the end of the dowel and stuck the larger washer over the end.

Image

Then washer and rubber washer on the screw, Et Voila one tank holding spray tool :D

Image

Image

My thanks to Coen for the inspiration for this :bow::
There can be only one!
Unless your building two, or three, or four - ah to hell with it.

My Youtube Channel
UKscalemodeller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Handy Holding tool

Post by UKscalemodeller »

ooohh, I have the transit bolts from the washer somewhere in the garage :o)
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Handy Holding tool

Post by Lee »

I bet EVERY one of us has kept the transit bolts from their washing machine.....lol
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
McLeod
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:59 pm
Location: Kent, UK

Re: Handy Holding tool

Post by McLeod »

I don't even know if they were from my last washer, I used to work in Comet so I could have picked them up from there lol
There can be only one!
Unless your building two, or three, or four - ah to hell with it.

My Youtube Channel
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Handy Holding tool

Post by Coen »

Clever boy!!!!
You officially Rock McLeod.
Pstrasdine
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 am

Re: Handy Holding tool

Post by Pstrasdine »

very cool I know I will us this
User avatar
NorthernSwede
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:26 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Handy Holding tool

Post by NorthernSwede »

Really cool. I¨m off to scavenge wardrobes and transit bolts.
On the Bench

1:35 Trumpeter T-64A : Stage - Build
1:35 Academy M1A2 Abrams TUSK II : Stage - Starting Soon

My Youtube Channel
Smudge
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:39 pm
Location: Leicester, UK
England

Re: Handy Holding tool

Post by Smudge »

A great piece of thinking outside of the box McLeod, looks really cool and a very useful piece of kit
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”