Hi from Essex, UK.

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
SteveWood
Private
Private
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by SteveWood »

Hi all!

I'm new to this site and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Steve, 37 years old, living in Essex, UK. I've been building and modelling scale military models for just over 2 years now. Escaped from painting Games Workshop models, which I did for 17 years. I needed to do something new and broaden my techniques 'horizon'.

I've been reading and looking at lots of modelling magazines and watching many videos on YouTube to improve my military models and I must say, it's overwhelming what you can find. I've learnt a lot about weathering and need to practice and practice. I paint for fun and paint to relax in the evenings.

Anyway, enough of my wittering on. Here's a picture of my latest little diorama. A knocked out Dragon Models Ferdinand being inspected by the Russian brass. I must finish those figures!!

Great to meet you all in advance!
Image
Image
User avatar
Vleugelmoer
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: Geleen, Limburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Vleugelmoer »

:hi: and :welcome: . Nice looking Jagdpather diorama
Damm the glue is getting to me :crazy:

On the Bench:

1:35 Italeri Jeep Follow Me Jeep for the PTO GB
1:32 Revell F-4 Phantom for the Phantom Freaks SIG
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Icemannique »

:hi: :welcome:
Jari alias Jerry
Razor
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:58 pm
Location: Milton Keynes MK
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Razor »

:welcome: nice work
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome: hay nice work.
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Cymru »

:welcome:
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Smiffy »

:welcome:
User avatar
Novorus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Novorus »

:welcome:
James
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnEdt ... s3LTfQW4Eg Remember like, share and subscribe
Remember the 20th March 2020 is the Model Officer Mess birthday bash, come and join in."Fokker's Foe's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217021638777483/
User avatar
Richp1969
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:45 am
Location: Gettysburg, PA United States
United States of America

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by Richp1969 »

Welcome aboard mate

Sincerely,

Richard
on my bench(since I do not have a bench yet)
Moebius 1/72 Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper 95% complete.
Revell's 1/48 Me 262 A-1a 10% complete.
Happy & Safe modeling everyone. :cheers2:
SteveW
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Maldon, Essex
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by SteveW »

:welcome: to ISM Steve, from another Essex Steve :hi:
privatepete
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3871
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm
England

Re: Hi from Essex, UK.

Post by privatepete »

:welcome: Steve your fit right in with work like that
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”