AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post Reply
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

Another jet for me, this time AMK's lovely little Aero L-29 Delfin (Dolphin) trainer..

Image

Image

I've got some extras, first time resin user :think: and brass pitot's

Image

Lovely seats, by Aries

Image

The kit nose bay is actually fine, easily good enough

Image

Tub made up, loosely fitted

Image

Ready for priming

Image

This is a lovely little kit, I sure you've heard about AMK' s quality, well it's all true! I'm making heavy weather of the resin stuff though. There's going a few first with this kit..resin, brass, free hand camouflage( :eeek: ).
Thanks for looking :thumb2:
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
cib2265
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 pm
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by cib2265 »

So tempted to get this one just picked up the MPM L-39 Albatross, which I'll do in Reno racing colors....

Will follow your adventure!
Chris Becker in Sunshine Coast, Australia
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by rwsmith14 »

NIce kit !!
Image
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

cib2265 wrote:So tempted to get this one just picked up the MPM L-39 Albatross, which I'll do in Reno racing colors....

Will follow your adventure!
An adventure it will be Chris, thanks bud.
I'd like too see your L-39 mate

:cheers2:
rwsmith14 wrote:NIce kit !!
It is that mate

:thumb1:
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
Elve1984
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 am
Contact:
Netherlands

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Elve1984 »

Nice looking kit
My modeling website: ElveScaleModeling
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

And we go again... Just a whilstle stop tour so I won't take too much of your time..

Image

Image

Image

Oops... I only saw noticed when I saw the photo..

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Thanks for looking chaps :thumb1:
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
Smiffy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Smiffy »

Great looking work so far Tim :th:
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by rwsmith14 »

That looks good !! :thumb2: :thumb2: I'll have tolook inti this kit..
Image
User avatar
Vleugelmoer
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: Geleen, Limburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Vleugelmoer »

Nice build mate, I feel for ya on the instrument panel cock-up :wall: ..
Damm the glue is getting to me :crazy:

On the Bench:

1:35 Italeri Jeep Follow Me Jeep for the PTO GB
1:32 Revell F-4 Phantom for the Phantom Freaks SIG
mick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:02 pm
Wales

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by mick »

great work
User avatar
Willem
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:39 pm
Location: Leicestershire, UK.
Great Britain

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Willem »

Lovely build, Tim. That cockpit looks the Mutt's nuts.

Daft question: What's the brown putty stuff you used to weight the nose?

:cheers2:
Will

"A thing of orchestrated hell- a terrible symphony of light and flame."

Edward R Murrow
User avatar
Goose
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 am
Location: Liège Belgium
Belgium

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Goose »

Hello,

i've got it in the stash, i bought the big ed for this but didn 't know that the electric bay for the nose existed in resin. The details are great.

Hope to do as well as you with what i have won't buy the resin for the nose...but the seats are....tempting!!!

keep up this great work

Goose
Bruno

Finished models:
Hawker Hurricane Hasegawa 1/72, P-47D Academy 1/72, Scimitar AFV 1/35, Me 109-E3-1/48 Airfix

on the bench:
F-15DJ Hasegawa-1/48 japanese Agressor 2010 scheme (long term project)
F-16 solo turkish Revel-1/72
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

Willem wrote:Lovely build, Tim. That cockpit looks the Mutt's nuts.

Daft question: What's the brown putty stuff you used to weight the nose?

:cheers2:

Hi Will,
It's air dry clay, I hope I've got enough in :think: There isn't much room in there mate...

Goose wrote:Hello,

i've got it in the stash, i bought the big ed for this but didn 't know that the electric bay for the nose existed in resin. The details are great.

Hope to do as well as you with what i have won't buy the resin for the nose...but the seats are....tempting!!!

keep up this great work

Goose
Cheers Goose :th:
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

A bit of a jump forward....

Image

Image

Dodgy canopy...

Image

Painting by numbers...

Image

Image

Image

I'm not sure about these colours...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I've tried the X22 clear and Mr Hobby levelling thinner thingy. I need more practice but it is smooooth...


Image

Image

I'm not sure wether to wash or not, I don't really want a dirty girl.... :shifty:
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Avgas »

Top job so far. :pop:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

Avgas wrote:Top job so far. :pop:

Ta Dave
I'm struggling with motivation to be honest. Mojo's a funny thing, one minute is there, the next.....

:cheers2:
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Avgas »

I'm struggling with motivation to be honest. Mojo's a funny thing, one minute is there, the next.....
I know exactly what you mean, I'm terrible for getting half way through a build then loosing the plot. I have to really grind a build out sometimes to finish it.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by rwsmith14 »

Looks great!! Just order one of these today :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Image
User avatar
rwsmith14
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:24 am
Location: Aledo, TX, USA
United States of America

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by rwsmith14 »

Looks great!! Just order one of these today :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Image
Elve1984
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 am
Contact:
Netherlands

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Elve1984 »

Great looking camo, you don't see these color often. I like them.
My modeling website: ElveScaleModeling
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

Elve1984 wrote:Great looking camo, you don't see these color often. I like them.

Cheers Elve but I've just noticed that I've buggered up the camo pattern :wall: I'm also I too minds as to stick on a wash or not :think: I don't particularly want a rough looking plane just something subtle......

:cheers2:
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

First an apology, there is a big jump to were I'm at here. Lots of reasons but at least I'm done, here you go...

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

That's it for this lovely kit, I would recommend this most definitely.
Thanks for looking
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
Elve1984
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 am
Contact:
Netherlands

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Elve1984 »

Great result!
My modeling website: ElveScaleModeling
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: AMK Aero L-29 Delfin

Post by Joesdad »

Elve1984 wrote:Great result!

Thank you Elve, very kind..
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
Post Reply

Return to “Jet Aircraft”