Hello! New to these Forums.

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
Stands24
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 pm
Location: United States of America

Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Stands24 »

Hi everyone! My name's Ryan, I just got into scale modeling a couple months ago. So far I've (mostly) completed one tank (will post it later) and am almost done with the build phase of another. I have also finished building a fighter and plan to paint it after I finish the tank I'm working on. So far I really like this hobby, even if it is expensive... (:

Other than that, I love music and video games, especially War Thunder. That game got me into WWII history again and therefore this hobby! Lovely game if anyone wants to play it. I am also the assistant manager at a Domino's in an undisclosed part of the US. ;) The job makes my modeling progress slow, but I still like it.

Anyways, I'll be posting some journals soon or something. Look forward to talking with some of you guys. ^_^
On the Bench:
- Dragon Jagdtiger with 128mm PaK80 L/66 in 1:35, Kit 6827
- HobbyBoss Ta-152 C-11 in 1:48, Kit 81704
- Dragon Panther II in 1:35, Kit 6207
- Tamiya Leopard 2A6 in 1:35, Kit 35271

-- Stands24 --
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Paul »

Welcome to ISM Ryan :thumb2:
User avatar
Stands24
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Stands24 »

Thanks! ^_^ Will be posting some WIPs soon. Maybe tomorrow.
On the Bench:
- Dragon Jagdtiger with 128mm PaK80 L/66 in 1:35, Kit 6827
- HobbyBoss Ta-152 C-11 in 1:48, Kit 81704
- Dragon Panther II in 1:35, Kit 6207
- Tamiya Leopard 2A6 in 1:35, Kit 35271

-- Stands24 --
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Icemannique »

:hi: :welcome:
Jari alias Jerry
User avatar
Richp1969
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:45 am
Location: Gettysburg, PA United States
United States of America

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Richp1969 »

:welcome: Aboard Mate.

Sincerely,

Richard
on my bench(since I do not have a bench yet)
Moebius 1/72 Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper 95% complete.
Revell's 1/48 Me 262 A-1a 10% complete.
Happy & Safe modeling everyone. :cheers2:
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Cymru »

:welcome: & please check out https://www.scalemates.com :th:
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
User avatar
Stands24
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Stands24 »

Thank you guys! :D

And Cymru, I LOVE Scalemates! It helped so much when trying to find newer kits!
On the Bench:
- Dragon Jagdtiger with 128mm PaK80 L/66 in 1:35, Kit 6827
- HobbyBoss Ta-152 C-11 in 1:48, Kit 81704
- Dragon Panther II in 1:35, Kit 6207
- Tamiya Leopard 2A6 in 1:35, Kit 35271

-- Stands24 --
HIghAltitudeScale
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 am
United States of America

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by HIghAltitudeScale »

Howdy Ryan, you've just joined a great group of modelers who like to share and help people grow in the hobby, look are and make yourself at home.
Cheers,
Bret aka: High Altitude Scale Models
thetechcowboy.com
youtube-High Altitude Scale Modeling

Current build;
1/72 Airfix B-17G
1/48 Hobby Boss Bearcat
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Lee »

Welcome to ISM Ryan :)
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Nev
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Nev »

:welcome: fella!!!
On the Bench...
1/35 TAKOM Mark. IV Heavy Battle tank
User avatar
Vleugelmoer
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: Geleen, Limburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Vleugelmoer »

:hi: and :welcome: to ISM Ryan
Damm the glue is getting to me :crazy:

On the Bench:

1:35 Italeri Jeep Follow Me Jeep for the PTO GB
1:32 Revell F-4 Phantom for the Phantom Freaks SIG
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Sturm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 am
Location: California,USA
United States of America

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Sturm »

Welcome to ISM buddy! I play War Thunder here and their, really great game.
"Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything."
User avatar
Stands24
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Stands24 »

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! ^_^ My E-75 post is up; check it out if you wish. c:
Sturm wrote:Welcome to ISM buddy! I play War Thunder here and their, really great game.
Indeed it is! I have all the German vehicles. The Panther II is a beast! Love that tank and cannot wait to build its model!
On the Bench:
- Dragon Jagdtiger with 128mm PaK80 L/66 in 1:35, Kit 6827
- HobbyBoss Ta-152 C-11 in 1:48, Kit 81704
- Dragon Panther II in 1:35, Kit 6207
- Tamiya Leopard 2A6 in 1:35, Kit 35271

-- Stands24 --
User avatar
Sturm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 am
Location: California,USA
United States of America

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Sturm »

Stands24 wrote: Indeed it is! I have all the German vehicles. The Panther II is a beast! Love that tank and cannot wait to build its model!
ALL the German vehicles?! I'm still in tier 2.3 best tank I have is the StuG III. I just started using the Tanks because I was into the airplanes before. My name on WT is "Sturms" if you want to add me :)
"Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who use them seldom amount to anything."
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Hello! New to these Forums.

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”