G'day from Australia

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
User avatar
WMH
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:09 am
Location: Qld, Australia

G'day from Australia

Post by WMH »

G'day
Wayne from Queensland, I am returning to the hobby after many years and a failed attempt in the early 2000's. The reason for the failed attempt was as I started to model again we moved to a rural town and set up farm. I mainly do 1/35 and enjoy doing Dio's and now truly settled now keen to get back to it..
My goal is to revive my skills and techniques then attempt a super diorama of scene and period already planed for in the back of my mind since leaving the service. Having already viewed some of the forum I am sure I have a few new methods to try also looking forward to sharing with the forum.
Cheers Wayne
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Icemannique »

:hi: :welcome:
Jari alias Jerry
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Cymru »

:hi: & :welcome:
Please check out https://www.scalemates.com
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
User avatar
Vleugelmoer
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: Geleen, Limburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Vleugelmoer »

:hi: Gday and :welcome: to the ISM forum, where the members are a bit crazy but knowledgeable. Must just have something to do with all the solvent based modeling staples :think:

As always happy modeling and keep sticking styrene.

Paul
Damm the glue is getting to me :crazy:

On the Bench:

1:35 Italeri Jeep Follow Me Jeep for the PTO GB
1:32 Revell F-4 Phantom for the Phantom Freaks SIG
User avatar
Novorus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Great Britain

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Novorus »

:crazy: G'day Wayne welcome to the mad house.

We share the same passion in the modeling world, looking forward to seeing some of your work and plans. We are all here to help one another so just ask away if needed :crazy: :crazy:
James
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZnEdt ... s3LTfQW4Eg Remember like, share and subscribe
Remember the 20th March 2020 is the Model Officer Mess birthday bash, come and join in."Fokker's Foe's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217021638777483/
Augustus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:33 am

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Augustus »

Hey Wayne mate,

You still in the bush? I'm in BrisVegas.

Cheers
surfsup
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 am
Australia

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by surfsup »

Hey Buddy welcome to our little Home. Where abouts are you as I am in Brizzy also.....Cheers Mark
If I was your Wife I would Poison your Tea. If I was your Husband I would drink it.....Winston Churchill
User avatar
arilo76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 822
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Italy

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by arilo76 »

Good day to you and welcome to International Scale Modeller
Antonio
Stay Classy ISM
User avatar
AdamLuscombe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Location: texas
United States of America

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by AdamLuscombe »

:welcome:
On the bench:
Dragon
1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/48
Italeri
1/24 Ford Escort Mk. II
User avatar
WMH
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:09 am
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by WMH »

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I am West of Gympie , I still get the Brissy every now and again as family still there
User avatar
Les
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Westminster, Colorado, United States

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Les »

:welcome: Hello, and welcome to the forums!
Image
sirvine
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:00 am
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by sirvine »

:welcome: Welcome to the forum
On the bench:
Eduard 1/48 Albatros D.III OEFFAG 153
User avatar
kiwigav
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:38 am
Location: Nelson - New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by kiwigav »

Welcome my Aussie mate :th: :th: :banana:

Go the Maroons!!! :banana: :banana:
:welcome:
Cheers Gav

On The Bench OK where do I start :wtf:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Paul »

Welcome to ISM :thumb2:
Augustus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:33 am

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Augustus »

WMH wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I am West of Gympie , I still get the Brissy every now and again as family still there
West of Gympie is the Wild West! Last time I was there, about 10 years ago, all the road signage and stuff was all shot up. We kept driving :o
Augustus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:33 am

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Augustus »

WMH wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I am West of Gympie , I still get the Brissy every now and again as family still there
West of Gympie is the Wild West! Last time I was there, about 10 years ago, all the road signage and stuff was all shot up. We kept driving ;)
User avatar
WMH
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:09 am
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by WMH »

Augustus wrote: West of Gympie is the Wild West! Last time I was there, about 10 years ago, all the road signage and stuff was all shot up. We kept driving ;)
Things have changed over the last 10 yrs, Not all signage is all shot up and we have sealed roads not just horse tracks :pistols: :)
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”