Ayup

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
DikDolan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 pm
Location: UK
England

Ayup

Post by DikDolan »

Hi guys, another returning-to-the-hobby-after-decades guy here. I have been lurking here for a few months, and after watching the live show from Paul and the gang last night, well here I am, even though Paul kept calling me Allan or something, hehe. Not his fault though, I was logged in as "Ayup world", No idea how to change that on youtube chat.

I've been making mostly bikes and car kits for the last 6 months. Struggling and learning a lot. It's all new to me; airbrushing, acrylics, clear coats and the quality of the kits nowadays. Wow!

Current build is a Tamiya 1/6 monkey bike, and it's progressing ok I guess. A few mistakes, but that's part of the learning experience isn't it=)
I hope to learn lots here, please be gentle=)
User avatar
Nev
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 am
Location: Kent
Great Britain

Re: Ayup

Post by Nev »

:welcome: to the mad house matey :thumb2:
On the Bench...
1/35 TAKOM Mark. IV Heavy Battle tank
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: Ayup

Post by Cymru »

:hi: & :welcome:
If you haven't already, then please check out https://www.scalemates.com
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
DikDolan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 pm
Location: UK
England

Re: Ayup

Post by DikDolan »

Thanks for the welcome =)
I am aware of scalemates, but only had a quick flying visit there so far. There's so much to see, so much to learn, where was all this info when I really needed it 45/50 years ago!
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Ayup

Post by Icemannique »

:hi: :welcome: to ISM
Jari alias Jerry
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Ayup

Post by Paul »

Hey andy lol welcome to the forum, I'm sure you said your name was andrew :thumb2:
DikDolan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 pm
Location: UK
England

Re: Ayup

Post by DikDolan »

Ayup Paul, I don't think so but anything's possible...

My name really is Richard, but only my dear old mom called me that, everyone else just calls me Dik, mostly friends, or otherwise then it's usually followed by "head" lol.
Thanks for the welcomes gents.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Ayup

Post by Avgas »

Ayup Dik, welcome to ISM!
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Les
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Westminster, Colorado, United States

Re: Ayup

Post by Les »

:welcome: Hello, and welcome to the forums!
Image
User avatar
GuyMac
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 pm
Location: Lokeren
Contact:
Belgium

Re: Ayup

Post by GuyMac »

:welcome: on the ISM forum. See ya on chat at the live benches.
Image
On the bench:
Hase's 1/72 F-4B

https://www.facebook.com/rockinrhinobuilder/
DikDolan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 pm
Location: UK
England

Re: Ayup

Post by DikDolan »

Thanks again gents, it's heart warming to nervous noobs like myself to receive such a friendly welcome.

As a thank you (lol) here's what i'm currently struggling with: alclad chrome on the headlight on the monkey bike.
This is the 2nd attempt. First one was horrible! I'll try another thin coat later, see if that improves or destroys it=)

Image
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Ayup

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
DikDolan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:27 pm
Location: UK
England

Re: Ayup

Post by DikDolan »

Quick update pic. The alclad chrome isn't easy is it.... It did work ok-ish, but as soon as I started handling it, it turned to "meh" and looks old and weathered onw. Just like me.

Image

I guess I should put this in a proper build thread or something... sorry, I'm new=)
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”