Hello from Belgium

Introduce yourself to other forum members
Post Reply
Turtle75
New Recruit
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Belgium

Hello from Belgium

Post by Turtle75 »

Hi all

I'm Sven, and at 40 way to old for modelling (or at least, that's what my wife thinks). I started modelling at 13 or 14 years old (first kit was a 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk24 from Matchbox). I bought my last kit (the Airfix 1/24 Focke Wulf FW-190A/F) while I was an exchange student at Exeter University now almost 20 years ago but due to space and time constraints (and changing interests) never got around to really building it (I did start painting of small parts for one color but never got any further).

A few weeks ago my parents cleaned out part of the attic and dumped all my old models and their boxes in two or three big cardboard boxes that they droped of at my house. When I saw the Airfix box, I just knew I wanted to get back in the hobby.

I've watched a bunch of youtube videos (ISM of course, but also the emodels channel, and some others) and read up on the Airfix kit (which, as it turns out, has quite a few fitment issues), and I got myself some new gear. Including the airbrush I always drooled over while a teenager but could never afford. I've started my build, and I may even start a buildlog on the forum.

Bye for now

Sven
User avatar
Icemannique
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Finland

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Icemannique »

:hi: :welcome: to ISM !
Jari alias Jerry
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Avgas »

:welcome:
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Les
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Westminster, Colorado, United States

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Les »

:welcome: Hello, and welcome to the forums!
Image
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Cymru »

:hi: & :welcome: back to the dark side.
To fuel your thirst further, visit: https://www.scalemates.com/
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
User avatar
GuyMac
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 pm
Location: Lokeren
Contact:
Belgium

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by GuyMac »

Welkom op het ISM forum ;-)

(Welcome on the ISM forum)
Image
On the bench:
Hase's 1/72 F-4B

https://www.facebook.com/rockinrhinobuilder/
User avatar
AchtungPanzer
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Cracow PL

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by AchtungPanzer »

Welcome on board :cheers2:
User avatar
Vleugelmoer
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: Geleen, Limburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Vleugelmoer »

Dang :cool: to see all of my southern neighbors joining in on the ISM fun so :hi: and :welcome:

Als altijd veel modelbouw plezier en blijven plakken
(happy modeling and keep sticking styrene)

Paul J
Damm the glue is getting to me :crazy:

On the Bench:

1:35 Italeri Jeep Follow Me Jeep for the PTO GB
1:32 Revell F-4 Phantom for the Phantom Freaks SIG
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: Hello from Belgium

Post by Kevthemodeller »

:welcome:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”