NASCAR - Only took me 25 years to finish

Post Reply
User avatar
tommym
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 am
Location: So Cal
United States of America

NASCAR - Only took me 25 years to finish

Post by tommym »

While looking for something else, I found this partially built amt/ertl #6962 1990 Bill Elliott Nascar Ford Thunderbird in my attic a few months back. Seems roughly 25 years ago I started to build it. Then I met this beautiful girl Jacque, and started dating her. Model got boxed up and forgotten. I proceeded to marry Jacque and am still happily married to her. Since then we’ve moved a couple of times and my boxes of stuff just travel with me. And yes, there are a few more unbuilt models in the attic.

I’ve been watching you ISM members building some awesome stuff for awhile and it gave me the incentive to finish it. After almost getting it done, I kinda got stuck worrying about the decals.

The Styrene Syndicates 48 Hour Build convince me to finish. Although I didn’t participate in the build, I used that time to decal, clear coat and finish the model.

Image

This what it looked liked when I opened the box

Image

Repainted the body

Image

Finished model

Although I am a very SLOW builder, A big THANK YOU to all on this forum

TommyM 8-)
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: NASCAR - Only took me 25 years to finish

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Hey that looks great!!!
I love the story behind the model as well...just had our 24th anniversary last month
:cheers2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
PrivateMansoor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:20 am
Location: Australia
Australia

Re: NASCAR - Only took me 25 years to finish

Post by PrivateMansoor »

Congrats. Looks great for a 25 year old model. Can't believe you had all the parts and decals still worked too after so long. Good job.
Fear Nothing, Build Everything.
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”