Rosie the Riveter

Post Reply
darkhelmet25
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:10 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Rosie the Riveter

Post by darkhelmet25 »

I just saw Paul's review of the Rosie the Riveter on the new show. I'd like to purchase these, ideally as a set, but not sure where to look. UMM-USA has some individually. May be willing to pay extra to get direct from the manufacturer. When I went to the website Paul showed on the packaging it indicated 'under construction' and had an instruction guide on using the tool. Any thoughts on where to order these from a reliable source? Thx
darkhelmet25
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:10 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by darkhelmet25 »

Thanks, Paul. Any thoughts on the single vs. the double vs. the triple riveting tools they make?

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/images/R ... Dousek.jpg
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by digger303 »

darkhelmet25 wrote:Thanks, Paul. Any thoughts on the single vs. the double vs. the triple riveting tools they make?

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/images/R ... Dousek.jpg
Wouldn't it depend on what plane your building. If it had triple rivets then you would need that tool to keep all the rivets evenly spaced.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
darkhelmet25
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:10 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by darkhelmet25 »

Sure, accuracy of the rivet pattern is an important consideration, but I was primarily interested in the functionality of the different tools and the durability of those with more than one wheel, i.e., how are they to use, how accurate do the results look, will they potentially get out of sync or go wobbly, etc. Just curious if anyone has had experience with the multi-wheel versions of these tools given the price premium.
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by digger303 »

darkhelmet25 wrote:Sure, accuracy of the rivet pattern is an important consideration, but I was primarily interested in the functionality of the different tools and the durability of those with more than one wheel, i.e., how are they to use, how accurate do the results look, will they potentially get out of sync or go wobbly, etc. Just curious if anyone has had experience with the multi-wheel versions of these tools given the price premium.
going by Paul's review he seems very taken with them. Better than the other look alike and seems to be more durable. If I needed a double or a triple one that's the one I would buy. I already have a trumpeter single, which I have never used ( seemed like I might need it one day ) as of yet.
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by Paul »

I wouldn't just space out and rivet each line separately myself, using dymo tape.
darkhelmet25
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:10 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by darkhelmet25 »

digger303 wrote:
darkhelmet25 wrote:Sure, accuracy of the rivet pattern is an important consideration, but I was primarily interested in the functionality of the different tools and the durability of those with more than one wheel, i.e., how are they to use, how accurate do the results look, will they potentially get out of sync or go wobbly, etc. Just curious if anyone has had experience with the multi-wheel versions of these tools given the price premium.
going by Paul's review he seems very taken with them. Better than the other look alike and seems to be more durable. If I needed a double or a triple one that's the one I would buy. I already have a trumpeter single, which I have never used ( seemed like I might need it one day ) as of yet.

Thanks, Digger. I think I'll go with the single wheel version and see how that goes. Thanks for your input and responses.
darkhelmet25
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:10 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by darkhelmet25 »

Paul wrote:I wouldn't just space out and rivet each line separately myself, using dymo tape.
Thanks, Paul. I was leaning this way, as well. The single wheel should be able to take care of what I'll be doing. Thanks again - Matt
Augustus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:33 am

Re: Rosie the Riveter

Post by Augustus »

Edit:.....wrong thread..
Post Reply

Return to “Tools”