Micromesh ??

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Micromesh ??

Post by burnie43 »

Hi
I'm getting ready to do some Alclad on a P-51 and I'd like to give the gloss black base coat a wee rub down to help with the finish.....I've read that I should use micromesh cloths ? Can anyone confirm this and maybe let me know where the best place to buy it from might be ?
thanks in advance
Mark
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Micromesh ??

Post by wookiee76 »

I'm using micromesh on my porsche and it's doing a fine job, available on amazon!
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: Micromesh ??

Post by burnie43 »

yeah thanks wookie, I 'm just not sure about which pack to order.....
I hate choices...
M
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
wookiee76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Micromesh ??

Post by wookiee76 »

Think mine runs from 3000 to 12000 grade, got it off amazon via albion alloys.
John, whats on my bench? Usually a mess and a couple of different models a week.
My motto? I'm not lazy, just energy efficient.
User avatar
burnie43
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Inverness, Scotland

Re: Micromesh ??

Post by burnie43 »

thanks, it finally arrived today...now to rub out all the frigging detail...as usual
Tis the march! 'Tis the march! Of the Highland Brigade
Caledonia's Sons of the kilt and the plaid
Aye foremost in danger, right onward they go
They have but one object, and that is the foe!
[/color]

On the bench
A permanent explosion scene.................
[/b]
User avatar
Vleugelmoer
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: Geleen, Limburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Micromesh ??

Post by Vleugelmoer »

The micromesh set Alpha Abrasives (Set Albion Alloys resells) does is the absolute dog's whatsies when it comes to micromesh. Won't go wrong there just need to put the time in to give the body a manual rub down.
Damm the glue is getting to me :crazy:

On the Bench:

1:35 Italeri Jeep Follow Me Jeep for the PTO GB
1:32 Revell F-4 Phantom for the Phantom Freaks SIG
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”