1/35th Tamiya M2 Bradley

Post Reply
User avatar
kprice52001
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 5:18 am
Location: Okinawa Japan
Contact:

1/35th Tamiya M2 Bradley

Post by kprice52001 »

Hey guys, this is my first post to the Forum other than my introduction. I have attached a bunch of pics but I don't know if there is a limit or standard to how many pictures people generally post so I just linked a bunch. I apologize if I am doing too much.

This is Tamiya's 1/35th scale M2 Bradley. Its painted in AK interactive acrylics and weathered in AK's enamel washes and pigments. This model contained a lot of firsts for me as it was my first ever track vehicle that I have completed and only the 3rd model I have attempted in about 20 years. After watching so many of you on the youtubes I thought that I would give it a go. It's not perfect by any means but I had a lot of fun doing it. I attempted to use the Wood Technique on the Bii and I also did a track wash and filled them in with pigments. I added mud to the vehicle and used a filter to break in the models base coat. I painted up the figure using three different tones of olive drab on his uniform but I am not good at mixing paints and only had Tamiya flesh tone so the little dudes face didn't get too much attention :shifty: . I also attempted some chipping along what I thought would have been the warn areas. Please offer up your feedback it would be great to hear what you think. If it sucks please tell me why you think so and what I could do to make it better. I will be posting a couple other completed models in the near future and some pics of the 1:6th scale tamiya Monkey that I am currently working on now.

Cheers for now

Kevin

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image[/img]
If it ain't rainin, you ain't trainin!
User avatar
arilo76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 822
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Italy

Re: 1/35th Tamiya M2 Bradley

Post by arilo76 »

Really cool build and paint, the weathering is awesome, i like the mud effect where you can see the difference between the wet and dry mud.
Antonio
Stay Classy ISM
User avatar
mincemeat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 pm
Location: MN, USA
United States of America

Re: 1/35th Tamiya M2 Bradley

Post by mincemeat »

I think you're doing great Kevin! I don't think there is a "limit" to posts or images, post your work as you see fit.

I try to always try new things with each model as well and haven't been doing this for too long either. I think a quick and dirty method for bringing out some detail in your figure's face and hands is just to add a wash like a light brown. Keep on building and posting!
Current Builds
Mk. A Whippet: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=21073
Panzer IV Ausf D Buddy Build with SteveAFV: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=19653
User avatar
kprice52001
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 5:18 am
Location: Okinawa Japan
Contact:

Re: 1/35th Tamiya M2 Bradley

Post by kprice52001 »

arilo76 wrote:Really cool build and paint, the weathering is awesome, i like the mud effect where you can see the difference between the wet and dry mud.

Thanks a lot. I used the AK interactive WET MUD Effects they work like a charm. I literally just slapped it on with an old brush over some pigments, it was almost like cheating lol
If it ain't rainin, you ain't trainin!
User avatar
kprice52001
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 5:18 am
Location: Okinawa Japan
Contact:

Re: 1/35th Tamiya M2 Bradley

Post by kprice52001 »

mincemeat wrote:I think you're doing great Kevin! I don't think there is a "limit" to posts or images, post your work as you see fit.

I try to always try new things with each model as well and haven't been doing this for too long either. I think a quick and dirty method for bringing out some detail in your figure's face and hands is just to add a wash like a light brown. Keep on building and posting!

That's a great idea! I don't know why I didn't do that. :scratch:: I'm definitely going to give it a try on my current build when I get to the figure. I have just the thing for it too. Maybe some of the tamiya brown..... :th:
If it ain't rainin, you ain't trainin!
User avatar
aur0ra145
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 1/35th Tamiya M2 Bradley

Post by aur0ra145 »

You're killing it, this model looks amazing! I really like the weathering effects, keep it up!
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”