1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Whether its tracked or wheeled, this is the place for it
Post Reply
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

This is an interesting kit. One; I'm a Hungarian, and this kit is 39M Csaba - Hungarian Armored Car. Two; This will be my first armuor-style building, painting. Three; The man who planned this armoured car was the father of the british armored cars.

There is a link, where you can see it.

Box art:

Image
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

Lets see the kit. As I said befor, i'm not a big fan of the armour, but sometimes I love some of them. So, I dont know this is exact, or it had a mistakes. This is a fun build for me.

Nice turet.
Image


Front side of the turret;
Image



The body (yes this is upside down)
Image




Upper part
Image
Image


I had to buy resin parts, because the Hobby Boss made a spelling mistake in the tires.
Image
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
gustavlekstal
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by gustavlekstal »

Really like the small armoured car builds. Annoying that hobby boss can't spell but the resin wheels looks outstanding. Good luck with your first afv build. Smart idea to go with a armoured car.
Regards Gustav

Dragon t-34/85 premium mod 44
Done! viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15153&p=189978#p189978

Dragon 15cm sig33 auf pz.kpfw Ib
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10747

Jsu-152 tamiya with et modelling pe
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12313
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

I have seen the kit in a shop recently and was very tempted to buy it. The hobby boss kits are really nice.
i will follow your thread :)
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

gustavlekstal wrote:Really like the small armoured car builds. Annoying that hobby boss can't spell but the resin wheels looks outstanding. Good luck with your first afv build. Smart idea to go with a armoured car.
Thanks Gustav, i'm on it. The resin part came from a small hungarian manufacture, who's make a lot of resin stuff.
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

HamilkarBarkas wrote:I have seen the kit in a shop recently and was very tempted to buy it. The hobby boss kits are really nice.
i will follow your thread :)

Don't forget, this is my first armoured kit. :) I'm built a few sc-fi kit, and Spitfire. :D
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
NorthernModeller
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
Contact:
England

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by NorthernModeller »

Nice to see how this comes along :)
SAMI Magazine, Model aircraft and Tamiya Model Magazine contributor
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

The turet.

It was easy.

Drill time!

Image

Thats much better.

Image

More drilling ... :D

Image

Not bad ... I mean for me. :D

Image

drill, drill, drill

Image

Okay ... I have to learn more ...

Image

The issue ... Nice. I have to change the turret gun, because one of my cat broken the original part.

Image

I love this little fatherless person!
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

Back again! It was a long time, but the life is the best joker.

The building was really easy. No tricks, only me the dumb. :D

Now ready to prime.

Image
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by digger303 »

looking good, I will continue to watch for updates :th:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

Crap! I dont know what happend with my photos. They all gone. Maybe it is only a technical problem. :D

So ... I create this. :D

It has been black and white technique, but ... You will see. First stpe. White primer, and gray shadows.

Image

Than gray molting.

Image

Continued US light gray

Image

And add a white. Here is the result. I hope you like it!

Image

And the things what I used.

Image
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

I all used up up ... I had to remove the whol paint. Now I have to start again. :(
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
User avatar
InitialProduction1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by InitialProduction1 »

That's really looking nice corel. Shame about the paint, hope it comes around for you.
On the bench
Sturm boot dragon,PZIII ausf J dragon, jagtiger old dragon, initial tiger dragon, tiger rye field,
Life is way to short to Dislike art so don't, help don't hate. :think:

clay
User avatar
Corel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Hungary

Re: 1/35 Hobby Boss 39M Csaba

Post by Corel »

Thanks. I think this is a good practice. :D
" ... do or do not. There is no try! "
Post Reply

Return to “Armour & Military Vehicles”