The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Cars, trucks and bikes
Post Reply
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all roymattblack sent this model to cheer my missus up in her recuperation.

Image

Image

First off let me say this may take quite a while as looking after Pam takes a lot of my time, but things should get easier as she recovers.

This model does not have a sun roof as Herbie does so that's the first thing to tackle  (luckily I did the samba bus a while ago with the sun roof open, it was a little too wide and long and a little too flat but nothing that can't be fettled)

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
arilo76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 822
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Italy

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by arilo76 »

Cool looks you have a great project to build.
Antonio
Stay Classy ISM
User avatar
PropDuster
Private
Private
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:03 am
Location: So Cal where US Naval aviation started
United States of America

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by PropDuster »

First ,All the best to your wife :thumb2:

Secondly; I see your not afraid of the a wee bit of styrene surgery :lol: - nice job so far.
Steve
My endless pursuit of persuading parts to slip together in perfect alignment, goes on, no luck so far Image
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Lysus »

Dawwww! Gonna watch this one.

Good for you, sir.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all well i said this will take a while, my missus is getting a bit better so I may get more done in the following weeks, anyhow here is a small update.

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Cymru »

Nice work, I love fun stuff :pop:
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Lysus »

Sweet little engine. I can hear it bee-dee-bee-dee-beeing down the road now.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Zippo
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:55 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Sweden

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Zippo »

Cool, Love the old VeeDubs. :)
There is a Blogg, it is in Swedish but you might get the hang if it, or just push the translate button. http://borishusblogg.blogspot.se/
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Thanks, I feel for those of you who don't know I should explain what happened to pam, the night after we got back from the holiday that picture was taken from, pam lept out of bed with cramp in her leg then decided she needed a pee, I heard a loud bang ran to the bathroom to find her unconscious on the floor with blood pouring from her head I phoned an ambulance and after about 5 mins she came round but was very confused, after a blue lights ride to the hospital I found out she had broken her back and had concussion (they think she fainted from dehydration from the holiday)
User avatar
kiwigav
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:38 am
Location: Nelson - New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kiwigav »

Very nice build idea :th:

gotta love the Bug :banana:
Cheers Gav

On The Bench OK where do I start :wtf:
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all another little update.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
arilo76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 822
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Italy

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by arilo76 »

Wow some really cool progress you are doing the engine and the weathering is awesome.
Antonio
Stay Classy ISM
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all well what sort of idiot am I, with looking after Pam I shouldn't do stupid things, I wanted to cut a thin piece of plywood and the Stanley knife was easier to get at than the hand saw, I slipped and cut through the top corner of my thumb (right through the nail ) it was hanging on by a thin piece of skin (I could even see the bone) I've put it in place and bandaged it up (I can't spend all night in a and e as there would be no one to look after Pam, I'm hoping when the bleeding has stopped I can superglue it together (boy is it throbbing) I've dosed myself up with my cocodamol I usually use for my arthritis so hopefully that will take the edge off if not I will pinch a couple of my missus, they're 3 times stronger than mine.I'm so cross with myself when I have bigger responsibilities.
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Lysus »

:eeek:

Holy crap...hope everything gets a little better soon.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
exmoor
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:08 pm
England

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by exmoor »

Looks good so,far
paul shapland
1975GinjaNinja
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:13 am
Location: Reading, UK
England

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by 1975GinjaNinja »

Hope your thumb sorts it out - maybe you should get it looked at, could be safer in the long run than getting an infection etc which could really mess you up?

All the best

Nige
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh glue everywhere!
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Here's how it looked this morning.

Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Jesus mate, get it checked out...you don't need a secondary infection sprouting up in there
Best wishes
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Lysus »

Twokidsnosleep wrote:Jesus mate, get it checked out...you don't need a secondary infection sprouting up in there
Best wishes
Image
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all well i did another stupid thing today, took pam to the GP this morning as her ears were bleeding and I wanted to be sure there were no bad problems took the handbrake off not thinking and bashed my thumb on the handbrake surround the pain was so intense I thought I would pass out, I felt sick and of course I opened it up again so there was lots of blood anyway I sucked it up and took pam to GP's apparently she grazed the ear canal and that's where the bleeding was coming from, I must have looked a bit pale as the nurse asked if I was OK so pam blabed and told her so she checked it out and said it looked OK but that I had opened it up and should have gone to A and E in the first place (I know, I know, don't go on, you told me so, yada, yada, yada) she put some steri strips on and redressed it, pretty much the same as I did (minus the steri strips) I have got to say that really hurt, I've broken bones and (being a retired tattooist) I've done tattoos on myself for 9 hrs continuously but when I bashed my thumb on that bit of plastic that was the absolutely the worst pain I have ever felt, I've never come close to fainting before, I realise I've not experienced child birth but I will bet it was worse than that.
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all another small update.
Image
Image
Image
Image
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Here's how it looks tonight, I know it looks OK but it's throbbing a bit.
Image
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by Lysus »

Some TET on that thumb? (I'd check with a doctor, though...)

Look at that cabin! How're you liking it? Seems like a good bit of fun.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all, waiting for the decals (hopefully any day now) here's where I'm at now.

Image

Image
kpisnuts
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Halstead, Essex
Great Britain

Re: The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

Post by kpisnuts »

Hi all this is as far as I can get till the decals arrive.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Road Vehicles”